Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 08-05-2018, 01:12 PM   #701
starsapphire
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

i love the batgirl SO much the only problem i have is that the phone is very delicate and seems like it could get snapped off very easily other than that though a knock out of a statue
starsapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 01:43 AM   #702
Gothamite
Phoenix

Artgerm Black Canary, $41
https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Cover-...ion-2/53362192

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:36 PM   #703
Gothamite
Phoenix

I think this might be the final production version of the Joelle Jones Catwoman. The handle on the safe door is horizontal rather than vertical. The goggles and catsuit are a more even black than the purple tinted ones on the proto. The arms look like they're glued flush to the shoulders.

Proto:
Old 08-10-2018, 06:59 PM   #704
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I did get this Stormy Daniels....ehh....Black Canary statue because my LCBS had it really cheap and I was adding it to my Black Canary display. The more I had it the more I really do like it.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #705
=N=
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I did get this Stormy Daniels....ehh....Black Canary statue because my LCBS had it really cheap and I was adding it to my Black Canary display. The more I had it the more I really do like it.
"Stormy" This Black Canary statue its nice ,I own it. Its a nice addition, especially for the price.
=N= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #706
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
My LCBS had this statue at 1/2 off and I did get it and discovered i liked it more that I though I would. I actually like the costume (and would rather her wear this than what she is currently wearing) but my only issue with this is all of the yellow. Maybe accent the top of the boots with a yellow strip and maybe the collar could have a yellow stripe at the top but other than that there is too much yellow on it. I do agree that the costume should be more black than blue.
I had an extra Artgerm Black Canary, so I re-painted it. I used mmk's proposed changes and even almost painted the yellow highlights on the one-piece but ultimately kept them to give the statue some color variety.

(Many thanks to grphyx for his paint advice! )

Old 08-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #707
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Looks terrific!
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:08 PM   #708
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

now Gothamite that looks fantastic. This is exactly how the costume should be colored in the comic. I would be happy if this would be how the costume was depicted. (However in the Catwoman/Sylvester and Tweety-Bird one shot - which Black Canary had equal billing with Catwoman - she wore a new version of the costume she wore before the NU52 began which did look nice).

I think you should send to to DC as a suggestion.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 11:26 PM   #709
Gothamite
Phoenix

Thanks guys!

This one was fairly easy to re-paint (except for near/under the hair).

I read the one-shot, which was great. Black Canary has a big cut-out in the back of her one-piece. I'm okay with a lot of things costume-wise...just no more pirate boots for characters like Black Canary and Deathstroke!
Old 08-31-2018, 12:11 AM   #710
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
I'm okay with a lot of things costume-wise...just no more pirate boots for characters like Black Canary and Deathstroke!
HEY! What's wrong with pirate boots!!???!!!
There's a long tradition there. Captain America, Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), Martian Manhunter, Power Girl, Dr. Midnight (female version), Dr. Mid-Nite (original version) and on and on and on. Swashbucklers RULE!!!
Nice repaint, Gothie! I never liked the New 52 BC costume, but that repaint improves it greatly. Some of the costumes worked (Katana - Simplicity in Silver), some didn't (Power Girl - w/ the "P" on her breast before she got her old costume back, more or less).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote