Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-01-2018, 03:49 AM   #2771
srttoz
Mephisto

Ok so I hear all the criticisms and I can't even disagree with most of them like the price, I was expecting $600-650 at most. Also the cape, I don't mind cloth capes but I'd much rather it be part of the statue. Lastly I think he could have been more buff...

That being said, I am in love with this piece. The pics looks so good, love the pose, love the base especially in the sideshow video where you see how large it is (almost as big as the wolverine PF itself). I love the colors, the costume, the EX head is so sick, even though no respectable Mags fan would display him with anything other than his helm.

Anywya, i've stayed away from Sideshow for a few years now, my last statue was Red PF Hulk and I'm ready to dive back in. Preordered Mags EX, Wolverine EX and the Hulk/Wolvie DIO, sadly no more EX as I'm late to the party but glad to be back
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #2772
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
Ok so I hear all the criticisms and I can't even disagree with most of them like the price, I was expecting $600-650 at most. Also the cape, I don't mind cloth capes but I'd much rather it be part of the statue. Lastly I think he could have been more buff...

That being said, I am in love with this piece. The pics looks so good, love the pose, love the base especially in the sideshow video where you see how large it is (almost as big as the wolverine PF itself). I love the colors, the costume, the EX head is so sick, even though no respectable Mags fan would display him with anything other than his helm.

Anywya, i've stayed away from Sideshow for a few years now, my last statue was Red PF Hulk and I'm ready to dive back in. Preordered Mags EX, Wolverine EX and the Hulk/Wolvie DIO, sadly no more EX as I'm late to the party but glad to be back
You should be able to pick up the dio from an lcs for cheaper at this point.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:46 PM   #2773
Frayhor
Sinister Six

I pulled the trigger on this after I saw the Sideshow X-men video , I thought he was stunning with this angle on the exclusive headsculpt that I especially love (and I dislike every Magneto unmasked headsculpt I saw until this one).

I think this is the best Magneto statue ever produced (both XM and custom statues included and I know I'm in the large minority here ), I love everything, the base looks incredible with all the pikes they added, the sideshowfied costume works perfectly for me, the pose is so great it is one of the only piece I'm not bothered with the levitation, most of the time I see the "trick", this Magneto seems powerful like hell .
In fact the only two things I am not a fan are the fabric cape and the price obviously , it should have been 650$ on top, but I used all my reward points on it so it eases the buy.

I wanted a 1/4 Magneto in my collection since a long time now and this is the one, I'm so happy, I can't wait to have it in my home .
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:09 PM   #2774
nearmint
Phoenix

Congrats!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:13 PM   #2775
extremethanos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayhor View Post
I pulled the trigger on this after I saw the Sideshow X-men video , I thought he was stunning with this angle on the exclusive headsculpt that I especially love (and I dislike every Magneto unmasked headsculpt I saw until this one).

I think this is the best Magneto statue ever produced (both XM and custom statues included and I know I'm in the large minority here ), I love everything, the base looks incredible with all the pikes they added, the sideshowfied costume works perfectly for me, the pose is so great it is one of the only piece I'm not bothered with the levitation, most of the time I see the "trick", this Magneto seems powerful like hell .
In fact the only two things I am not a fan are the fabric cape and the price obviously , it should have been 650$ on top, but I used all my reward points on it so it eases the buy.

I wanted a 1/4 Magneto in my collection since a long time now and this is the one, I'm so happy, I can't wait to have it in my home .
I agree about the unmasked portrait. It is the main reason I preordered this one
extremethanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:26 PM   #2776
tonytiger
The X-Men

Yea, change mind on this but not on the draws back..Used rewards points to bring it to what the cost should have been.The other mags on the market just cost too much My major beef is the cape and price (fix the price). Will keep this till something better comes out...Maybe had some to do with it too.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #2777
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermackin View Post
I can’t wait for this statue,I think it looks awesome I don’t get all the hate it seems like people hate sideshow so much hahha I can feel the hostility it just seems like it goes wayyyyyy beyond if you like the statue or not,I saw one post were the person was having a straight meltdown , here’s a thot if you hate it so much don’t buy it
Dude i get your point but its not as much the hate on sideshow its on their choices they make on the overall design of the statue.Take Green Arrow they nail it, This mag could have been better and you know it. More switch out's or even a better option like Prime one did with Superman two different capes.Just saying..
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:10 PM   #2778
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think it’s that a lot of collectors my self included were hoping for a straight up classic Jim Lee Magneto. Sometimes just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should, or if you prefer the old adage ( you don’t have to reinvent the wheel ) is also applicable. His costume was perfect as is in my opinion and there reimagined version left me feeling Meh! I’m sure a lot of people like what they have to offer but those that wanted something different realize that they might be waiting along time for another shot at a 1/4 Mags. And I think that’s where some of the animosity comes from!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #2779
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I think it’s that a lot of collectors my self included were hoping for a straight up classic Jim Lee Magneto. Sometimes just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should, or if you prefer the old adage ( you don’t have to reinvent the wheel ) is also applicable. His costume was perfect as is in my opinion and there reimagined version left me feeling Meh! I’m sure a lot of people like what they have to offer but those that wanted something different realize that they might be waiting along time for another shot at a 1/4 Mags. And I think that’s where some of the animosity comes from!
Nailed it. People just wanted a 1/4 comic Magneto PF. That's it. This maquette looks ok, I don't hate it...but, this is Sideshow's Magneto, not the Marvel Comics' Magneto that many people wanted.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 10:37 PM   #2780
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Exactly. And the people that really want a Magneto are either:
a) stuck buying this piece they don't love
b) buy the XM white which while an amazing sculpt, many people don't want a white Magneto
c) spend thousands on the XM throne or a custom or
d) wait another 10 years for Sideshow to do a new one and hope they get it right

But, hey for the people that like it, it's always got to be some bull---- comment toward the people that don't that goes something like this:

"Herpee durp derrr dur, if you don't like it, don't buy it."

Thanks for that gem of wisdom.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote