Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Ed Mcguinness art is worthless

Hey Graphic collectibles is the agent for Ed McGuiness, and their art is way over priced. The prices for Superman covers for nice ones were over $2,000. I have seen where people have tried to sell them on Ebay and not even go for over $1,000. I bought the Birds of Prey Cover #36 from them for $1,000 3 years ago, art is supposed to go up not down. I listed the cover on Ebay and it only went for $355......arhg.....never sell without a reserve.....
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:24 PM   #2
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Hey Graphic collectibles is the agent for Ed McGuiness, and their art is way over priced. The prices for Superman covers for nice ones were over $2,000. I have seen where people have tried to sell them on Ebay and not even go for over $1,000. I bought the Birds of Prey Cover #36 from them for $1,000 3 years ago, art is supposed to go up not down. I listed the cover on Ebay and it only went for $355......arhg.....never sell without a reserve.....
Yes him,Albertmoy.com,theartistchoice.com are others that over charge for there art.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:52 PM   #3
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

ouch! That really sucks M.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:45 AM   #4
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Coca
Yes him,Albertmoy.com,theartistchoice.com are others that over charge for there art.
Yeah I know, but they have so much. Especially theartistschoice, who is the 'exclusive representative' for a number of artists get complete issues when released.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:24 AM   #5
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Not trying to be mean or anything but, I think his art just isn't good. Sure I can only draw stick figures. His art is over the top bulked up crap that doesn't look good. I can't stand to have my heroes look like the hulk.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #6
Crom
Loki

It's all a matter of taste. Personally, I think Ed's work rocks. I think it brings a much needed sense of energy and fun to comics. I admit his characters all share the same physique, but the same could be said of anything Jim Lee or Michael Turner draws. I like the "CAPCOM-style" he brings.

He's not for everyone though. I agree the prices are rather high and very prohibitive. I have wanted to by some of Ed's art for a while, but even the simple pages are expensive.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley76
Not trying to be mean or anything but, I think his art just isn't good. Sure I can only draw stick figures. His art is over the top bulked up crap that doesn't look good. I can't stand to have my heroes look like the hulk.
Hey its better then Joe MAD.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:05 PM   #8
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
NEXT TIME CONTACT A FORUM FRIEND TO SAVE IT FOR YOU.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #9
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

marvelboi77, the title of this thread is wrong and misleading, you should change it to:

Ed Mcguinness art is worth ... $355!!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #10
OneOne78
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
marvelboi77, the title of this thread is wrong and misleading, you should change it to:

Ed Mcguinness art is worth ... $355!!!
That's cold
OneOne78 is offline   Reply With Quote