Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Ha I tracked it down Giant Size Spider-Woman #1 Cover is mine.

Woohoo, I tracked this mama down all the way over to Italy. I did a Google search on Andrea Divito and found a chat room for him. I contacted him and a week later of waiting, score. What a great looking cover, I know some of you don't care that much for it, but I think it's awsome. So it's now home with all of it's sisters, where she belongs.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:57 PM   #2
furie
The X-Men

U got a PM.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #3
Perna
Budda Budda Bamfer!
Artist

I think it's a great cover. I don't mind the Namoresque wings either.
Perna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:59 PM   #4
bat_collector
Galactus

It must be nice to have this kind of money.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:00 AM   #5
furie
The X-Men

bat - look at my spiderwoman thread - I posted another book I purchased.
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:21 AM   #6
MerriemsDaughter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77
Woohoo, I tracked this mama down all the way over to Italy. I did a Google search on Andrea Divito and found a chat room for him. I contacted him and a week later of waiting, score. What a great looking cover, I know some of you don't care that much for it, but I think it's awsome. So it's now home with all of it's sisters, where she belongs.
I LOVE IT...(personally I would've had the head be a little larger...IMO, it looks too small, in relation to the rest of her body) but DiVito is an amazing artist nonetheless.
Congrats, dude!!!
MerriemsDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:35 AM   #7
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriemsDaughter
I LOVE IT...(personally I would've had the head be a little larger...IMO, it looks too small, in relation to the rest of her body)
Congrats, dude!!!
Yes well I'm sure we have all heard that before....heehee
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:42 AM   #8
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Nice score Marvelboi, if only you liked Peanuts...

Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of attention Marvel artists are paying to Jess' costume? First there are the bizarre Namor-style underarm wings on this one, contrasting with the very tattered webs Finch prefers, neither of which look as good (in my opinion) as her classic stylised webs. Then Tan (in MK Spidey) draws her with a Mockingbird-style mask in which there is no yellow triangle, only exposed forehead. Deodato (or maybe his colorist) has also gone with this style in some panels in Amazing, while drawing the correct head triangle in other panels in the same book. How hard is it to get the best costume in comics right - all they need to do is check out half of the Wizard covers in the last six months...
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
MerriemsDaughter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief
Nice score Marvelboi, if only you liked Peanuts...

Is anyone else annoyed by the lack of attention Marvel artists are paying to Jess' costume? First there are the bizarre Namor-style underarm wings on this one, contrasting with the very tattered webs Finch prefers, neither of which look as good (in my opinion) as her classic stylised webs. Then Tan (in MK Spidey) draws her with a Mockingbird-style mask in which there is no yellow triangle, only exposed forehead. Deodato (or maybe his colorist) has also gone with this style in some panels in Amazing, while drawing the correct head triangle in other panels in the same book. How hard is it to get the best costume in comics right - all they need to do is check out half of the Wizard covers in the last six months...
I agree.
I think the same thing happens to Wonder Woman...her stylized double W is almost always done wrong.

Anyway, I hate the way Jessica was drawn in MK Spider-man...and I would also like to pont out that she has never had any yellow pattern in the BACK of her costume or any yellow on her shoulders.
MerriemsDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 AM   #10
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerriemsDaughter
I agree.
I think the same thing happens to Wonder Woman...her stylized double W is almost always done wrong.

Anyway, I hate the way Jessica was drawn in MK Spider-man...and I would also like to pont out that she has never had any yellow pattern in the BACK of her costume or any yellow on her shoulders.
I only read the first issue - that was enough to put me off coming back for more! Minor costume details are one thing - I hate the way many people draw Spidey and Spidey-Woman's eyes, but accept that's open to interpretation, possibly like Wonder Woman's Ws. But drawing the wrong wings and omitting to put her mask right up to her hair (as well as the goofs you list) are pretty fundamental clangers. Fingers crossed once she's fully bedded in as the First Lady of Marvel Comics these errors will be weeded out.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote