Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-21-2018, 09:30 AM   #1091
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

He’ll get credit. Don’t settle for imperfection in this hobby. Especially with the rising production and shipping costs. If you can’t live with certain issues get a replacement. If I can’t fix it myself or the issues are so severe back it goes.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #1092
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
He’ll get credit. Don’t settle for imperfection in this hobby. Especially with the rising production and shipping costs. If you can’t live with certain issues get a replacement. If I can’t fix it myself or the issues are so severe back it goes.
Agreed. Collectors shouldn't settle for a statue with shoddy QC issues. Every company has some duds in a run. Give them a chance to make things right by asking for replacements or get a credit.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:46 PM   #1093
SkiLLessOne
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I did send an email asking about doing a full swap out instead of just one piece. Too many little issues for me to be happy on a $300 statue. I expect near perfection to be honest.
SkiLLessOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:23 PM   #1094
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
I did send an email asking about doing a full swap out instead of just one piece. Too many little issues for me to be happy on a $300 statue. I expect near perfection to be honest.
Definitely don't ever buy a $500+ PF from Sideshow then...
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:21 PM   #1095
SkiLLessOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Definitely don't ever buy a $500+ PF from Sideshow then...
Funny you say that cause i did have issues with a $700 piece from them. Maybe I'm too picky, or standards are too high. I just rarely get the chance to splurge on a expensive collectible so when it's not near perfect it really kills the excitement.

Because of this I've came super close to not collecting statues at all cause there always seems to be an issue of some sort. With how expensive they're getting it's harder and harder to justify qc problems when they keep wanting more money.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:58 AM   #1096
SkiLLessOne

Bit of a conundrum, Todd has graciously offered to ship me an entire new statue, no charge or I can simply return the one I have for a refund. I obviously would like to have the statue in my collection but I also don't wanna go through this guys stock with potentially finding issues on the 2nd statue and now I've cost him even more money and headaches.

Again he's been absolutely incredible customer service wise so I don't wanna be this big a pain in the ass for him.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #1097
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiLLessOne View Post
Funny you say that cause i did have issues with a $700 piece from them. Maybe I'm too picky, or standards are too high. I just rarely get the chance to splurge on a expensive collectible so when it's not near perfect it really kills the excitement.

Because of this I've came super close to not collecting statues at all cause there always seems to be an issue of some sort. With how expensive they're getting it's harder and harder to justify qc problems when they keep wanting more money.
Unfortunately it seems like there's always something likely to be wrong with a mass produced statue. It's just a matter of how big of an issue it is and what you can live with.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:13 PM   #1098
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

You aren’t being a pain. It’s his job as a business owner to replace the damaged statue and keep you as a repeat customer. He knows issues like this happen and any business person worth their salt knows the motions. Todd knows what he’s doing. There are plenty of shops that have done me wrong. I have no qualms naming them either. Secret Compass and Fanboy Collectibles, I stay far away from them because their owners have dropped the ball with me way too much.

Despite all the hullabaloo you hear about SS I have never received a damaged statue released by them and only 1 damaged from P1 through them. Color me lucky.

The P1 statue was the G1 Optimus. Mine came with seating issues like your joker and the electrical guts popped out. Returned it got another one with worse seating issues so I returned that one too. Third one came with minor seating and kept it.

Go check out the SS Jungle Predator thread. The last few pages have been entertaining to say the least.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:24 AM   #1099
CrocodileRock
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

are these super powers true 1/6 or more like a 1/5?
CrocodileRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #1100
Primus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
are these super powers true 1/6 or more like a 1/5?

They are true 1/6 to my knowledge
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote