Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #231
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Clearly people who sell things on eBay and then refund the payment because they don't like how much they sold it for are just not very intelligent.

You can just, you know.....start the bidding at the minimum price you're ok with selling it for. Rocket science, I know. They're just clearly not smart people.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:12 PM   #232
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Clearly people who sell things on eBay and then refund the payment because they don't like how much they sold it for are just not very intelligent.

You can just, you know.....start the bidding at the minimum price you're ok with selling it for. Rocket science, I know. They're just clearly not smart people.
And/or set a reserve price. So many more honorable options available.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:33 PM   #233
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Increasingly, it sounds more and more like dissatisfaction with Sideshow rather than an industry-wide "bubble".
lol
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #234
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

People can do whatever they want on eBay it’s their stuff and who cares . If they are not happy with sale they do it again at the risk of taking hit on feedback as seller. It’s prob not enough to discourage them. It’s all about the money on eBay that goes for eBay themselves as well. It’s hard to use that as a buyers market anymore because the prices are ridiculous on global program
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:21 AM   #235
Augen
Metal Men

I've had multiple cases where a seller messes up and then shuts down their whole shop. One recently had hundreds of sales, but selling me an opened broken "new" piece and being called on it was enough to have them close up (that or a remarkable coincidence).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #236
craigcliff1
Zot

Bought dvd set and ebay store had been around 5 years, they gave one year on replacement disc. I needed some in about few months and store closed. I think it's getting so crummy now to sell anything, that people and stores are giving up.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:31 AM   #237
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think it will be very interesting to see the pace of releases from Sideshow to the end of the year through 2019. I feel like they are already pumping the brakes a bit but not yet really slowing down. One example for me is the Red Hulk variant. Where is that guy?

I much prefer this piece over the one recently shown by XM Studios.

But back to the bubble. Or buyers paradise. Or maybe window shoppers paradise in my future case.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:51 AM   #238
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I've had multiple cases where a seller messes up and then shuts down their whole shop. One recently had hundreds of sales, but selling me an opened broken "new" piece and being called on it was enough to have them close up (that or a remarkable coincidence).
If you're referring to goingoutofbizness, I think they're back under a different name.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:46 AM   #239
built2shred
Phoenix

Given SS is pretty much selling everyone else's statues, I have to wonder if they're planning on scaling back their own statues... Wouldn't surprise me 5 years from now if SS was only doing sales for other companies and nothing else..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:48 AM   #240
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Given SS is pretty much selling everyone else's statues, I have to wonder if they're planning on scaling back their own statues... Wouldn't surprise me 5 years from now if SS was only doing sales for other companies and nothing else..

They have several lines which seem to be doing very well for them, including their original COTD line etc. So I can't see this happening, but I wouldn't be surprised if they scaled back stuff like Alien, Predator & Terminator etc. They have struggled to do these characters justice for years now sadly and the customer base has been crying out for better efforts. With the competition now have grown massively, most of whom are producing statues to a very high standard, it may make the properties less desirable for SSC to stick with. Personally I'd much rather it kicked SSC's own plans up a notch and improved their products rather than ended them, but I guess we'll find out over the next couple of years if something has to give or not.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote