Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-23-2018, 10:44 PM   #271
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
I agree p1 is going to run into the exact same problems with market saturation. people got carried away with the new scale and tried to get all the characters early not knowing that p1 was going to pump out the same characters as much as 10 times or more. Now people can't get rid of them for retail for the most part. Look at all those completeist who bought every single cool character that came out and wanting all the new ones coming for the games. Most have said they wished for a comic version but had no patience and now that the comic versions are coming out with most liking those a lot more than. the game versions. We will see a lot more and more going back in the markets that won't move. Also as mention all the variants and reissues will destroy resell values on all of them. There hasn't been any hot statues p1 has not reissue in one way or another when it becomes in demand again. So with that said. I won't po any of them on day one. I will wait till all the variants show up and then it will give me time to decide. Plus I can just buy on the second hand market for the lowest prices. If its sold out and hot with a low es p1 will reissue it. Makes me mad when they do and I missed the version I wanted more and have to sell the first for a 20-30% loss and shipping. So no rush for all p1 items for me. I will definitely get a few of those new 1:3 statues after I see them all in hand and the variants first now that I will collect 75% less sideshow.
Yeah, patience is a virtue in this hobby but sometime its easier said that done, especially when you considering how long it takes for a statue to actually be produced and shipped, not to mention waiting on the actually version of a statue you like. To this date there has yet to be a 1/4 licensed batman that i like.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:48 PM   #272
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I have just found there is too much coming out all the time.. You buy a statue.. You think you love it and you do.. But a month later a new better version is announced.. and you find yourself selling you old old one (probably at less then you bought it because everyone wants the new one also lol) and the vicious cycle goes on..

You use to buy a piece and it was something cool and special... Its not that way so much anymore.

There is so much out there. So many different designs form so many different companies that its gotten kinda boring and reduced the fun of collecting..

For me anyways..

In fact I just downsized my collection by quite a bit.

I just may be getting to old for this $%*$

lol
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:57 PM   #273
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Yeah, patience is a virtue in this hobby but sometime its easier said that done, especially when you considering how long it takes for a statue to actually be produced and shipped, not to mention waiting on the actually version of a statue you like. To this date there has yet to be a 1/4 licensed batman that i like.
There really is no rush, especially as more and more sculptors transition to digital. A lot of sculptors are doing their best work in years.

I almost bought several 1/6-scale Batman statues, but I'm glad that I waited until DC made one that I actually like.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:10 PM   #274
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
For me I just can't find a psylocke, super girl or rogue that I like. We finally get a stunning psylocke and then ss changes it last minute. Enough is enough from that company. Not worth the drama anymore. I will still buy a few from them but 75-80% less.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:14 PM   #275
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
I have just found there is too much coming out all the time.. You buy a statue.. You think you love it and you do.. But a month later a new better version is announced.. and you find yourself selling you old old one (probably at less then you bought it because everyone wants the new one also lol) and the vicious cycle goes on..

You use to buy a piece and it was something cool and special... Its not that way so much anymore.

There is so much out there. So many different designs form so many different companies that its gotten kinda boring and reduced the fun of collecting..

For me anyways..

In fact I just downsized my collection by quite a bit.

I just may be getting to old for this $%*$

lol
Exactly! I suppose its the nature of the beast. Theres really no end to it when you look at it from that perspective, its also where abit of the fun is lost for me aswell.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:20 PM   #276
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Lol old statue collectors are so bitter it's depressing
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 11:26 PM   #277
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
For me I just can't find a psylocke, super girl or rogue that I like. We finally get a stunning psylocke and then ss changes it last minute. Enough is enough from that company. Not worth the drama anymore. I will still buy a few from them but 75-80% less.
Quote:
Exactly! I suppose its the nature of the beast. Theres really no end to it when you look at it from that perspective, its also where abit of the fun is lost for me aswell.
You two are way too stuck on 1/4- or larger.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #278
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
There really is no rush, especially as more and more sculptors transition to digital. A lot of sculptors are doing their best work in years.

I almost bought several 1/6-scale Batman statues, but I'm glad that I waited until DC made one that I actually like.
Fortunately for 1/6 collectors theres more than 1 company making 1/6 DC statues, unfortunately for 1/4 collectors SS is the only with the license.
Quote:
Worst decision SS has made thus far in my book. The way that they went about it changed my perspective on the company.
Quote:
Bigger is better.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #279
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Bigger is better.
You sure?

Old 09-24-2018, 12:38 AM   #280
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Fortunately for 1/6 collectors theres more than 1 company making 1/6 DC statues, unfortunately for 1/4 collectors SS is the only with the license.

Worst decision SS has made thus far in my book. The way that they went about it changed my perspective on the company.
Bigger is better.
Quote:
Once you go big, you don't go back. Lol I just checked the sold Harley Quinns from p1 AK 1:3 for the ex. The last few sold for 750.00. Talk about sales! Thats the price of most sideshow premium format's now.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote