Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 08-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #111
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
Nice place, pacino

Selina Kyle Barbie? Not so.
Thanks!
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:28 AM   #112
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I got this one yesterday and had Bane shipped from BBTS , cracking him a day or two ago. Selina is a sentimental favorite for me but honestly this figure was a huge step backwards after how impressive Bane was. Not bad but the likeness is one of HTs poorer efforts in the TDK lines and the piece dosent come with much. Also the mask/goggles are very impressive in their engineering but made of pretty cheap soft plastic that makes the strap hard to manipulate. For the price we should have gotten two heads one with the googles mounted and the hair sculpted or permanantly styled. The rooted hair is high quality but it really highlights the "doll" aspect to the piece.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #113
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

congrats to those who have received it...but i think i was right to pass on this one. Don't like the final hair or fabric on the costume.

The likeness is also off a bit IMO.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be a v2.0 one day
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #114
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
congrats to those who have received it...but i think i was right to pass on this one. Don't like the final hair or fabric on the costume.

The likeness is also off a bit IMO.

Oh well, I'm sure there will be a v2.0 one day
I own it and agree on all three points bro; though the costume fabric is fine if not fairly good.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #115
built2shred
Phoenix

I ordered 7 HT's at once one night.. Couldn't sleep was a bit out of it and $1600 later I got 7 dolls... Never shop online when your half asleep

(Batman TDK, Catwoman TDK, Joker (Heath), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America & Black Widow.)

The faces are good likeness of the original actors but there not as good as the pictures SS uses on their web site. Which tells me the prototype is better or they use photoshop to make them look better then they are.

Most of them are really hard to pose due to the tight outfits, so your limited and if you don't use the stand they eventually fall over.

Some of them have funky joints, if you look at my previous picture of Black Widow when you bend her arm, her elbow looks deformed...

IMO their overpriced for what they give you. Catwoman and Black Widow shouldn't of cost more then $100 tops...

Looking at SS website HT's look way more cooler then they are once you get your hands on them... Kind of a let down...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #116
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I ordered 7 HT's at once one night.. Couldn't sleep was a bit out of it and $1600 later I got 7 dolls... Never shop online when your half asleep

(Batman TDK, Catwoman TDK, Joker (Heath), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America & Black Widow.)

The faces are good likeness of the original actors but there not as good as the pictures SS uses on their web site. Which tells me the prototype is better or they use photoshop to make them look better then they are.

Most of them are really hard to pose due to the tight outfits, so your limited and if you don't use the stand they eventually fall over.

Some of them have funky joints, if you look at my previous picture of Black Widow when you bend her arm, her elbow looks deformed...

IMO their overpriced for what they give you. Catwoman and Black Widow shouldn't of cost more then $100 tops...

Looking at SS website HT's look way more cooler then they are once you get your hands on them... Kind of a let down...
I've slowed on my HT collecting and have even sold off a few. I'm down to 5 HT figures now that I consider amazing (Reeve Supes, 89 Batman, 89 Joker, Dark Knight Joker 2.0, Iron Man MKIV, Jack Sparrow DX06) and am unsure when/if I'll add more to my collection, although that new Iron Man Centurion piece is awfully tempting
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #117
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i am thinking of getting the Koto new Catwoman. I like the character and is one of my favorite in the Batman universe. The HT Catwoman presents the ''doll' quality, which puts me off a lot. I might wait for Batman returns version but we don't know if this is ever going to be released in the near future
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #118
ReplicantSavior

Quote:
I've noticed that the faces on production HT's don't look quite as accurate as the pictures SS/HT's advertise with. Both Black Widow and Catwoman faces don't look as accurate to the actual actress as they do on SS website.
That's an interesting thought. I've noticed that some look different depending on who is taking the photos. But since you actually have them in hand I don't know what to think. I only have the Batman 89 so far and he's awesome. But he is a DX Hot Toys figure too. So maybe they put a bit more effort into him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
So far, I'm not too impressed with this piece. The fabric on her crotch area looks really baggy and her face doesn't really look as accurate to Anne's face as the promo shots showed.
One of the youtube reviewers mentioned that the costume is baggy so she will fit/pose on the Bat Pod. I don't know about her face. People on the other forum were talking about changes. I wasn't following it that closely. I only wanted her if she looked cool on the Bat Pod. The neck joint and her rear put me off that idea.

Quote:
Since you have both, are these two different body types? I ask because Catwoman should be slimmer than Black Widow. It would be cheap of Hot Toys to use the same female body figure. And I really don't like the neck on Catwoman and I'm wondering if it's the same on Black Widow just hidden by her hair. And did you style Black Widow's hair a bit?

Quote:
See this worries me. After looking at Clipper King's review and his poses and decided I want that Black Widow. But now she's in the $240+ range. Originally she was $189 I think with Sideshow's free shipping. If Sideshow had her in stock when they were offering free shipping. I don't want to wait and pay $300+ for her. Since the Captain America 2 version will definitely be different with her hair style.

Sideshow is really upsetting me with zero Avengers statues other than the Hulk maquette and Iron Man LSF. You have one of the best most profitable superhero movies ever and the company that makes the best statues decides not to make the Avengers team. It's crazy.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #119
built2shred
Phoenix

Catwoman is not easy to pose, she's very stiff in that suit. I'm afraid if I force it material is going to tear. Although I have seen pictures of her on the bike, so maybe the material is stronger then it feels.

As for Catwomans and Black Widows body , they're different, Catwoman doesn't have the funky elbow joints that Black Widow has and Catwoman has longer legs then Black Widow also. As for Black Widows hair, it was really tight & stiff against her face due to the way she was packaged, my niece took her and forcefully fluffed her hair out. The curls on the end of her hair stayed the same, right side of her face they curl inward and the left side they curl outward.. I guess that was her hair style in the movie, I'll have to watch the movie again.

As for the face accuracy, seems to be hit and miss.. I have Batman DX also and his Christopher Bale face although looks like him, it's not as accurate as SS website shows it to be. That's why I'm suspicious there's some monkey business going on. Plus some of the poses that SS shows on their websites are impossible to achieve, try getting Catwoman to pose with her right arm on her hip with her hip swung outwards.. I have no idea how they did that because I tried everything and the Catwoman I got does not bend that way. The picture below is not what we got..

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #120
ReplicantSavior

built2shred -

What about that neck joint area on Black Widow, is it just like Catwoman?

And I ignore those poses for the most part. Only Hot Toys and photoshop can make them. I remember being very close to getting Captain America after seeing the pics. Then I somehow got that there is no way I could keep him in those poses even if I could get him in them. I just don't want to deal with putting a lot of time into a pose. I guess that's why I like the Batman 89 so much. He can just stand there like the promos from the movie and look bad ass.

With Black Widow I can have her stand with a gun and one of her power gloves and look cool.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote