Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 09-20-2015, 01:49 PM   #101
actionjackson83
Midnighter

It's ok Jerry, it's not your fault if that's the pose that capcom wanted you to make then that's that. Can't win them all =).
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:50 PM   #102
Guilty
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Sorry to hear some of you dont like it.

Its the actual 3D model of Cammy from the game. The pose is also literally pulled directly from the 3D animation. We got it directly from Capcom.

So everything is exactly, to the millimeter, how Cammy is in the game.

Its the closest anyone can ever come to having a direct physical copy of the character from the game.

I figured Street Fighter fans would be excited to have something like that as its never been done before.
I think those that are excited won't be quick to say much, they just want to see it in their homes.

+1 For me though, I hope the creativity keeps going with these.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:51 PM   #103
qz33
Doctor Doom

I am excited and appreciative for all the great points you mention it just looks so awkward right now.

I'm not posting to uselessly insult or complain as there great strides here as I really want something like this for all of your reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Sorry to hear some of you dont like it.

Its the actual 3D model of Cammy from the game. The pose is also literally pulled directly from the 3D animation. We got it directly from Capcom.

So everything is exactly, to the millimeter, how Cammy is in the game.

Its the closest anyone can ever come to having a direct physical copy of the character from the game.

I figured Street Fighter fans would be excited to have something like that as its never been done before.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #104
actionjackson83
Midnighter

This would've been much better to display in a collection
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #105
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

The thing that bugs me is when people complain about things that are obviously not incorrect.

For example, the hands are the correct size. Perfectly correct as its the literal 3D model from the game.

Anyone thats watched the videos of Cammy in SFV can see the hands are massively oversized. Its the style of the game.

But people jump to criticism based on their own internal preconceived ideas of what Cammy *should be* in their heads as opposed to what she actually looks like.

I see this all the time on many pieces from many different statue companies.

If people dont dig the pose thats cool, as long as they acknowledge it is the literal pose from the game and we cant just change the arm position. Cant just make up poses.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #106
Morgul Steve
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

It looks almost just like the drawing, maybe too much. They straightened her up a bit to prevent lean?
Really impressive they could re-create the image so well.

When the pic was shown I never imagined they would interpret it so literally. So far it looks too strange and awkward. Could change once finished and painted but right now I can't imagine it.

I hope whatever the final result is it is awesome as I really want an action Cammy and want tons of characters done in this action line!
In the drawing it looks like she is doing a flying kick. The statue looks like she is tripping over a pile of rocks. I think it is the position of her left leg and the fact that she is too vertical.
Morgul Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #107
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
If you want a stoic Cammy thats cool..but thats like asking Ferrari to make a low budget economy car. Its not what they do and this line is for action.

maybe at some point we will make another black base Cammy but no plans for it right now.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:00 PM   #108
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgul Steve View Post
I think it is the position of her left leg and the fact that she is too vertical.
Wrong. This is pulled directly from the actual animation

Anything you are seeing is simply because the images are taken from different angles and perspective.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:01 PM   #109
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Anyway...I have stuff to do.

If people dont dig it thats absolutely fine, but dont even attempt to suggest its not 100% accurate as Capcom gave us the model pulled directly from the game.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:02 PM   #110
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Yes please!
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote