Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 10-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #501
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebiros View Post
Sometimes I think it's better criticism that only compliments.

This statue is nice but it has some weak points.

1 Hands too big
2 Impact point. Stone\rock\slush doesn't work well, in this topic some users suggested some good ideas as alternatives (kick on a statue, bricks destroyed, "flame effects", ecc.)
Those are not weakpoint at all Nebiros...and here is why. This is a statue that is done from the direct artwork Capcom sent PCS or approved that PCS can do. Her hands are huge in the artwork as well. If this was a self created statue Jerry did, then I can see your point.

Big hands is actually a style in art (sculpting) that conveys a sense of power. Michaelangelo's David is a prime example. This was a topic brought up in a Hard Hero thread about how Seth Vandable often sculpted characters with bigger hands than usual.

In this case, do not fault PCS for doing an exact representation of the artwork he was provided with.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #502
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Those are not weakpoint at all Nebiros...and here is why. This is a statue that is done from the direct artwork Capcom sent PCS or approved that PCS can do. Her hands are huge in the artwork as well. If this was a self created statue Jerry did, then I can see your point.

Big hands is actually a style in art (sculpting) that conveys a sense of power. Michaelangelo's David is a prime example. This was a topic brought up in a Hard Hero thread about how Seth Vandable often sculpted characters with bigger hands than usual.

In this case, do not fault PCS for doing an exact representation of the artwork he was provided with.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #503
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:

I agree with that statement. But as the man with control over his own company I'd hope Jerry isn't allowing himself to be bullied into only making 1/4 statues based on official promo art!

That's been the trend since he started using SF4 promo art.

And while those poses seemed to lend themselves to statues, this one does not.

Not every frame of animation would make a great still piece. Official or not.

If we (the overwhelming majority) recognize that, so should professional statue makers.

Just saying.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:01 PM   #504
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I agree with that statement. But as the man with control over his own company I'd hope Jerry isn't allowing himself to be bullied into only making 1/4 statues based on official promo art!

If we (the overwhelming majority) recognize that, so should professional statue makers.

Just saying.
Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 02:42 PM   #505
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post

Just saying.
I work with big licenses and getting something approved can be a -----. I think Capcom is more open to different interpretations/styles of their characters though.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #506
Nebiros
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

I don't care about a frame of a videogame, an artist who makes a statue may adjust something if it's not good, and these hands have no sense of power, only sense of deformity, for a lot of users!

I don't think Capcom stops this project if Jerry tries to reduce these hands!

I'm from Italy and i know Michelangelo...and it's an eresy to compare works of Michelangelo with this Cammy.

Michelangelo has increased a little dimensions of hands and head, not only hands!

But we could also not speaking about these hands, the weakest point is something that doesn't appear in any frames...rocks kicked by Cammy.

Do you really think this is a good choice???
Nebiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:04 PM   #507
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Mark (Bornfree) shot this. http://youtu.be/bR3WtFlfs8A

Great video. Nash looks AMAZING a automatic purchase for me.

And I've got to admit that Cammy looks much better from a 360 degree perspective.

While it's not my cup of tea, I can see where this statue would be very appealing to others.

Furthermore the bangs actually do whisp upward toward the same angle as her braids.

While I still have a few issues with the pose, I'll have to reserve judgment for this type of perspective video in the future.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #508
strife87
Spider-Ham

I'll be picking this up, I think she looks good and that video was the confirmation I was waiting for, she is going to look right at home with Vega.

Still think I'm shooting for the white and blue version, but the green looks great. Too bad they don't have an alternate to bring to show off, I'm assuming the alternate colors are just shot at the factory.

Also, thanks for posting all the nycc videos for our viewing pleasure Mark, it's appreciated!
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 05:23 PM   #509
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

After watching the vid, I'm still not liking it. I really do want to, but I was bound not to like this from the beginning. I just don't like the promo art that it's based on. I haven't liked any of the promo art. Like loric said, it's a perfect representation of that promo art, which for me, isn't a good representation of Cammy.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #510
WickedlNl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Capcom approved the statue so I guess they like it the way it is, If Mr Jerry do another pose based on what most of us prefer and Capcom doesn't approve? How? I guess this particular Cammy statue is not for everyone, but perhaps we must not be too harsh on our words.. there still "effort and time" put into creating this statue.. You know.. "If you don't like it don't buy it"... just don't spread hate.. hehehe peace yah all!
Remember the original 1/3 Akuma? Based on artwork approved by Capcom with a wierd ass pose? A lot of effort and time got put into that as well. Guess what it got scrapped cuz of negative comments towards its pose. Nobody here is randomly saying oh I dont like the statue.

They redid the Akuma pose and it sold out in seconds. Ofcorse our criticism means something otherwise they wont sell as much if they knew majority is iffy about it. Nobody is hating here but an awkward pose is an awkward pose. This thing is going to be in someones collection, you want the best you can get.
WickedlNl is offline   Reply With Quote