Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-28-2016, 02:20 PM   #31
goto
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember Me? View Post
Congrats! The reverse auction went crazy the last 8 minutes (Before the final price drop). I would have missed out if I waited another 7 minutes to purchase the bust.
Yes a minute after my order the server go down here in germany...puuuuh had luck
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 06:38 PM   #32
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

i think weta lost so much money on the reverse auctions lol

they cancelled yesterday's golbert prop and today they have significantly shortened the duration / total discount. The bilbo contract is a terrible deal even with max discount. And smaug is just ok at max discount of $250, making it $550 shipped. You can get something similar on ebay with their 10% off coupons.

The first couple reverse auction are true auctions in that the price were good. But i think weta looked at the result and realized how much money they are losing and changed it. oh wellz
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:27 AM   #33
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

I also passed on the contract also for that much, only 10 to sell and a slight discount was not enough.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 AM   #34
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I dunno, I think the value was there. I wasn't planning on buying anything more during this sale but I bit on Smaug today in the final time slot of that reverse auction. Cost me $536 shipped and after you factor in the $50 in Weta bucks you also receive that's $486. I also had Weta bucks from purchasing the Elven Warrior earlier to apply, bringing the price down even further. When all was said and done this was far cheaper than any of the deals I've seen from retailers or eBay. Plus I've got the piece of mind, given how fragile this statue must be, that I'll get taken care of should it not arrive in perfect condition.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #35
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I dunno, I think the value was there. I wasn't planning on buying anything more during this sale but I bit on Smaug today in the final time slot of that reverse auction. Cost me $536 shipped and after you factor in the $50 in Weta bucks you also receive that's $486. I also had Weta bucks from purchasing the Elven Warrior earlier to apply, bringing the price down even further. When all was said and done this was far cheaper than any of the deals I've seen from retailers or eBay. Plus I've got the piece of mind, given how fragile this statue must be, that I'll get taken care of should it not arrive in perfect condition.
Good point about the Weta bucks you earn back. I got a similar deal on Smaug in the last time slot. I applied my Weta bucks from the Balrog I picked up on sale last week.

Those were the two things I had on my radar and I feel pretty good about the savings.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:11 PM   #36
Darth Milo
Hydra

Bought The Cherub statue from Krampus for 80 Euro ($85) vat + shipping included. (50% discount and 58 Weta Dollars)

Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:35 PM   #37
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Man that thing is creepy as hell.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #38
Darth Milo
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Man that thing is creepy as hell.

I love the animatronic design : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFZoNvUF7hk
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #39
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

LOL! Yea...that is why I didn't order it.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:11 PM   #40
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Pretty impressed with Weta. All but one of the 6 pieces I ordered during this sale were shipped almost immediately and all but 2 (Thorin is coming from Canada) will be in hand as of today.