Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-28-2021, 11:50 AM   #101
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

This is my response to both of the quoted posts above. The sizing & story line-specific parts of it definitely are interesting, as like has been said it does seem like the statues in question all seem to revolve around New 52 one way or another. P1 made the New 52 stand alone statues that were 1/4, but they were distributed by Sideshow because as was "normal"/expected, they have the license.

But now we have these other New 52 related statues (Zero Year/Justice Buster) that are being made solely by P1 and one way or another (stating wrong scale & "Non-Scale,) they skirt around the statue being 1/4 but really, it is. They are both New 52 statues though, so I guess perhaps that's it. They just can't state that they're 1/4. It still seems a bit arbitrary though....like if that's a way to get around licensing things like that then why not do that all the time. It's not like Sideshow ever really makes comic/story specific statues. Seems like P1 could make ~1/4 whenever they want if they can just do this.

Also, this is up for order at SpecFiction for $3,300 total. I don't think anyone is going to do any better than that when it comes to pricing.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 02:48 PM   #102
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

This thing looks EPIC and HUGE and yet another center piece in a collection!

I am more interested in the standalone Batman BUT with that Black Panther mask that is Ultimate only.

I think my wallet may need to sit this one out as this is a lot of money on just cool with no attachment for me. Looking forward to seeing this in collections when it comes out.

Note: I still don't believe this thing could beat Superman as he could just drop a mountain on it. Maybe JusticeNotSupes Buster? Batman can't beat Superman in brute force. It would need to be in smarts.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:00 PM   #103
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
This thing looks EPIC and HUGE and yet another center piece in a collection!

I am more interested in the standalone Batman BUT with that Black Panther mask that is Ultimate only.

I think my wallet may need to sit this one out as this is a lot of money on just cool with no attachment for me. Looking forward to seeing this in collections when it comes out.

Note: I still don't believe this thing could beat Superman as he could just drop a mountain on it. Maybe JusticeNotSupes Buster? Batman can't beat Superman in brute force. It would need to be in smarts.
Just cover the whole thing in a kryptonite powder coating An attractive, and functional, finish.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 03:06 PM   #104
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Just cover the whole thing in a kryptonite powder coating An attractive, and functional, finish.
But crush by mountain overhead drop or toss squish your krypto powder coating?

Batman needs a new plan.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #105
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I think the "out" explanation has always tended to be (I know I've seen it said in comics more than once) that as long as Superman has some of control or whatever internally of his actions, he would never have it in him to actually kill Bruce but if he didn't then there was nothing he could do about it.

Superman in general can do whatever he wants whenever he wants yes, but it still doesn't make the stories less interesting as long as it's a good story. Some of the better Batman stories (DKR, Hush, Endgame if you care to include it) involve him fighting Superman. If the story works, the fight works. And the stories DO generally get written in a way to where the fight is at least plausible considering the things that happen within it.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:04 PM   #106
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
I think the "out" explanation has always tended to be (I know I've seen it said in comics more than once) that as long as Superman has some of control or whatever internally of his actions, he would never have it in him to actually kill Bruce but if he didn't then there was nothing he could do about it.

Superman in general can do whatever he wants whenever he wants yes, but it still doesn't make the stories less interesting as long as it's a good story. Some of the better Batman stories (DKR, Hush, Endgame if you care to include it) involve him fighting Superman. If the story works, the fight works. And the stories DO generally get written in a way to where the fight is at least plausible considering the things that happen within it.
Sounds valid but I don't think Superman would allow himself to be taken out by a Mech or so called Justice Buster for the sake of being a good guy. But yeah, Justice Buster it is.

Comic reality aside, it looks great!
Old 01-28-2021, 09:00 PM   #107
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Can a mod please change the thread title? Again, I love Fabok but this is not his statue design. It is Josh Nizzi. Let's give the proper artist his due
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:04 PM   #108
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Can a mod please change the thread title? Again, I love Fabok but this is not his statue design. It is Josh Nizzi. Let's give the proper artist his due
I wonder if they are able too. I've been a mod on other unrelated forums, and something about the title, once the OP was replied to... even though it changed in the actual post (you can see it if you look at the first post), I could never change it in the listing in the sub-forum.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 09:11 PM   #109
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I wonder if they are able too. I've been a mod on other unrelated forums, and something about the title, once the OP was replied to... even though it changed in the actual post (you can see it if you look at the first post), I could never change it in the listing in the sub-forum.
You are probably right. If it can't be changed, then so be it. Can a mod at least confirm this? Thanks.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:27 AM   #110
djmogo89
Justice League

Man, I’m about to pull the trigger with Secret Compass but like someone mentioned, The Grim Knight is also going to be released around the same date, which makes this decision even harder.
djmogo89 is online now   Reply With Quote