Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 PM   #71
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

It's one of the sources, yes. Biggest retailer in Singapore so they have larger allocation.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 01:39 PM   #72
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A R E S View Post
Problem is that if you don't have something to say, don't say something at all. While it may be not XM itself, but people like Spidey who claim to know something, way before something concrete can be said. I know that people who act like this are feeling good, because they can play the i know something you don't know and i won' tell you game, but XM should first never tell people anything, who cannot shut their mouth and never ever tell people to post such things until XM can make an official statement. While it gathers interest, this positive effect will not last long, until it transforms into frustration or it will build a hype, the product or announcement can never live up to. This the ink is not dry talk is so lame now. Why say something at all if the ink is not dry. That's a bad way to do business for both XM and their partners as well. If the contracts are not final i would be pissed if someone spoils something on public forum claiming he knows it from XM. Everybody had been happay with the marvel licence alone. If the contracts are final and XM has new licences, good make an offical statement and let people discuss and be happy about it. But why this talk way before.
You are right Ares this type of talk needs to stop. At least when it is product specific. For example if I say "Wow some really awesome stuff is coming" then that is just me being excited, but I haven't given anything away. However, when stuff is specific like "I heard it from a guy at con that the rumour is you are going to be doing Captain Carrot" now that can be harmful.

Now do some people know stuff?? Yes they do. Now have almost all of those guys gone quiet lately?? Yes they have. There are damn good reasons for the radio silence, and if you pay enough attention to the whole board you could probably figure some of them out yourselves. All the talk was unhealthy for XM, and I was as guilty as anyone for sharing the info I got from Facebook way to much. The fact is the silence is a)important, b) healthy, c)temporary. If you love company then you should simply know that you are in AWESOME hands, and that they KNOW you are excited to know what is coming, and they want to share it. They just can't do it YET.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:36 PM   #73
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
since you guys are venturing into different license's any chance for evangelion? id love to see a ~20-24" scale eva(s) in a fixed position dynamic pose with an awesome base. everything out there is too small and/or has potential longevity issues. I think there would be a good market for that - its never been done before and theres a huge fan base
Awesome suggestion. I'm eager for a Unit 01, possibly berserk!
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #74
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

edit..for the kids
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:25 PM   #75
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That'd be so freakin awesome!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #76
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

edit...for the kids
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #77
Dusk
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Prime 1 Studios, Alejandro Pereira Studio got DC License and Eric's PrototypeZ got 1/4 kit for DC.

Everyone is getting DC. I hope XM gets theirs too.
Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 06:38 PM   #78
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
i think its definitely an untapped property, all there is is small action figures and small models that while they do look great when done properly are still again just small action figures. the people in charge might insist on using the new movie designs but I still like those too, could be awesome imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:09 PM   #79
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think its definitely an untapped property, all there is is small action figures and small models that while they do look great when done properly are still again just small action figures. the people in charge might insist on using the new movie designs but I still like those too, could be awesome imo
Absolutely untapped. Many people seem satisfied with small action figures or statues of the humans, which I couldn't care less for. A few years ago I hunted down a Soul of Chogokin SPEC Eva 01, which is killer, but as you say, small and not a statue. I LOVE Unit 01. I need a Unit 01 statue!

I don't love the changes made to Unit 01 for Rebuild, but they are fairly small and I may accept it for statue, but vastly prefer the original design.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 08:17 PM   #80
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Absolutely untapped. Many people seem satisfied with small action figures or statues of the humans, which I couldn't care less for. A few years ago I hunted down a Soul of Chogokin SPEC Eva 01, which is killer, but as you say, small and not a statue. I LOVE Unit 01. I need a Unit 01 statue!

I don't love the changes made to Unit 01 for Rebuild, but they are fairly small and I may accept it for statue, but vastly prefer the original design.
I actually bought all of the Evangelion Real Action Heroes eva units but sold them all for statue money. The rubber on their arms will eventually deteriorate and so that was unsettling enough for me to let them go. Evangelion statues (pilot or unit) would be awesome. And I know some of the XM staff are fans. I've seen that Mari figurine in their office from their pictures.

I think it's practical for XM to get an Evangelion license. It's really big in Asia.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote