Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Anime/Manga

Old 08-21-2007, 08:41 AM   #11
Foord
The Avengers

Must have seen it at a bad time, as I wasn't all that impressed. The annoying "companion" who acted as irritating story-teller dumbed it down too much. I like trying to figure out my Anime. The sex scenes were pretty gross too. The premise of everyone fighting over head bands seemed really thin. 2.5 out of 5 .
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
demonhunter
Kingpin

Yeah, the idea that everybody fights over headbands that do not grant any benefits or power of any kind is hard to accept and believe.

2 stars out of 5.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 06:09 AM   #13
puntapret
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1X4R View Post
i haven't watched the series yet but i noticed there's a statue for it.

then i noticed something that won't allow me to buy it. the dude on the right is being disrespectful. my wife would have a problem with that. this was the same thing when Sideshow had the original base for Elektra which is why i think they changed it.
Damn, you are rite P1X, i'm considering buying it, but now , i have the same opinion with your wife
puntapret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #14
MrYac
Hercules

i'm sure the disrespect is intended seeing as how thats the kind of character Ninja is, but please tell me why exactly is it disrespectful?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #15
P1X4R
Producer

i would think it's pretty clear. well, without getting into it too deeply.. he is sitting on a religious symbol of worship. i don't want to turn this into a heated debate but it's just personal opinions over subject matter. i think it's a pretty cool dio but that one bit irks me enough to not get it. i know for some it may be something totally hard to understand.

for example, i've been grown and taught by my parents to not wear my shoes in the house. i always take them off before entering. it's been a custom thing that i've always respected and continue to do today. i've had friends question me why. it sounds funny i know. they look at me very oddly and offended. do you guys remember the original base to Sideshow's Elektra PF figure? same concept.
P1X4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #16
Foord
The Avengers

No shoes in the house is also a very logical custom from a hygiene perspective. I remember in Hungary how everyone had slippers/sandals for guests to change into at the entrance ways. Seemed strange at first but when you think about it it makes perfect sense. Not to sidetrack the thread...
Foord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #17
HELLION
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
If I hadnt watched Samurai champloo first I would have thought Afro was the bomb. As it is though, Afro is a pretty decent anime but Samurai is better.
I own the first 5 cd's of Samurai champloo and know it's one kick ass show. I' going to pull them out right now and watch. Unfortuantly I have not watched Afro but will need to do so soon. Art looks good!
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote