Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-20-2005, 03:47 PM   #271
TRT
Blue Falcon

I prefer the attakus pose but the GG is not bad
TRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:07 AM   #272
Pitbull
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70
Have you owned any Attakus piece? If you did, then you would see why they are top notch stuff and costs what they cost. I have many GG stuff and the Attakus quality it's better, but then you pay more. But don't forget: First, the Attakus pieces are bigger(more $$$ to make). Second, the paint job on Attakus it's superior than GG. That's a fact based on years of me collecting both lines. I had MANY returns of poor painted and deffective statues/busts with GG. I went trough 5(yes, 5) GG Vaders until I got a couple I liked. I NEVER got any bad piece from Attakus, and I have many of them. Always perfect, flawless paint jobs(probably cause Attakus are less "mass" produced than GG). Third, Attakus have MUCH more SW FS statues than GG. Would take what, 20 years for GG to have as many pieces?? Fourth, Attakus have a MUCH lower LE, and their pieces holds value really well, some increased a lot in price and some keep increasing. That counts too to many people. GG Vader it's worth much less than retail these days. Attakus Vaders are worth MUCH more than retail these days, so are Maul, Stormtrooper, C3, R2, Boba, Yoda 1 etc. I'm talking about FS statues since Attakus have no SW busts. So in the end the higher price on the Attakus is not as bad as it sounds.
If you are happy with GG and like their stuff, then good for you, that's what matters. I like GG too, don't get me wrong. I still have many pieces from GG. For the price, they are very good. But if we start talking about bang for the buck and looks, then Kotobukyia eats GG alive.
About the Attakus pieces beeing harder to display: Doh! They are bigger, they SHOULD be harder to display. But you are kind of "expecting" this when you buy the line. GG Maul have a saber that makes him "too fat" to display. Sure you can display him, but isn't pratical if you have your other GG statues on a custom shelf, for exemple, and don't have back/front space. Not a big problem and in no way a motive for not buying the statue, but it's something worth mentioning.
Thanks CAP70; you wrote all the words that i thought. There is a big quality difference between them. But i will buy GG Maul because of its price! And ATTAKUS Maul: maybe will buy in an other spring maybe maybe
Pitbull is offline   Reply With Quote