Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #731
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I own this one and I love it, this is the best Captain America statue.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:59 PM   #732
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I don't mind the new costume too much. There are a few things I would change, the collar and the black rib cage border are my main gripes. I could live with the stripes on the pants but I really, really, don't like the pose. It looks odd to me.

To each his own of course, but I've had the statue for about a wk now, and the pose has no issues. None. In fact, I would say it is a subtly brilliant pose, showing Cap in a battle situation, twisting his body and raising his shield (& therefore his shoulder), bracing for incoming.

If you're hung-up on the "strut" label, don't be, as it is as silly as a "leaning" Wolverine, a "falling/tripping" Juggernaut, a disproportioned Flash, or the next naive/ignorant label applied.

I mean to believe these crude label remarks, one would have to believe that Canale, Harbottle, & Bel, 3 of the best sculptors in the industry, are all shooting blanks, at the same time, and in succession, all forgetting on how to sculpt & capture the human anatomy???!!! Instead, all three artists are doing some of their best work, & that is reality.

Again, buy what you want, but don't get hung-up on any pose issue. There is none.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #733
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
I still look at this statue on the site from time to time and love everything about it including the suit. The problem is I'm already shelling out for Cable, Gambit and Sabertooth already. Maybe down the road if its still available. Damn it looks good.
Look out for some deals, as an ex just sold for $455.00 + ship on eBay. You won't regret it. Easily one of the best Caps ever.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #734
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
To each his own of course, but I've had the statue for about a wk now, and the pose has no issues. None. In fact, I would say it is a subtly brilliant pose, showing Cap in a battle situation, twisting his body and raising his shield (& therefore his shoulder), bracing for incoming.

If you're hung-up on the "strut" label, don't be, as it is as silly as a "leaning" Wolverine, a "falling/tripping" Juggernaut, a disproportioned Flash, or the next naive/ignorant label applied.

I mean to believe these crude label remarks, one would have to believe that Canale, Harbottle, & Bel, 3 of the best sculptors in the industry, are all shooting blanks, at the same time, and in succession, all forgetting on how to sculpt & capture the human anatomy???!!! Instead, all three artists are doing some of their best work, & that is reality.

Again, buy what you want, but don't get hung-up on any pose issue. There is none.
It's not a label issue. From the pics I just find the pose odd and have thought so from the beginning. If I see this in person it may change my mind.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:40 PM   #735
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
It's not a label issue. From the pics I just find the pose odd and have thought so from the beginning. If I see this in person it may change my mind.

Pics? What pics? If you’re referring to the 1st promo pics, why would you restrict your opinion based on those? I mean there are a ton of vids/reviews out there, with most universally digging the sculpt. Of course seeing it in person would be the way.

Regardless, it’s been a couple of wks, and this Cap is built like a linebacker, so more like stomp than strut. Great sculpt.
Old 12-10-2019, 04:49 PM   #736
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think this sculpt is true art.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #737
Mister H
Gen 13

So I saw the SS Cap PF on a road trip a couple months ago. He looks way better in person than in photos. So I ordered one and he came in the mail today. He looks really good. My only two problems are that his shield’s diameter is too wide and it hides a lot of detail if looking at him from his left side. He also needs to be displayed at, at least eye level or higher. The problem with that is, I’m 6’8” and that would put him way higher than my other 1/4s. The shield I could cut off and slap some magnets on and put on his back. I really need to see the XM Ultimate Cap first before I do any cutting though. All in all I’m happy to have my first 1/4 Cap. Hopefully more will be coming relatively soon.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:09 PM   #738
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
So I saw the SS Cap PF on a road trip a couple months ago. He looks way better in person than in photos. So I ordered one and he came in the mail today. He looks really good. My only two problems are that his shield’s diameter is too wide and it hides a lot of detail if looking at him from his left side. He also needs to be displayed at, at least eye level or higher. The problem with that is, I’m 6’8” and that would put him way higher than my other 1/4s. The shield I could cut off and slap some magnets on and put on his back. I really need to see the XM Ultimate Cap first before I do any cutting though. All in all I’m happy to have my first 1/4 Cap. Hopefully more will be coming relatively soon.

Ive been thinking about this for display purposes. I'm only 6', but I usually look at my statues while sitting.

I've always wanted 3 tier shelving, floor, 30" and 60". but because I'm usually sitting seeing the statues on the top shelf I'm always looking up at them.

What I was thinking was once I get the shelving I want I may only put life size busts on the top shelf and have all PFs on th bottom two shelves.

This might be the opposite for you if you're standing while looking at your statues.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:36 PM   #739
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Ive been thinking about this for display purposes. I'm only 6', but I usually look at my statues while sitting.

I've always wanted 3 tier shelving, floor, 30" and 60". but because I'm usually sitting seeing the statues on the top shelf I'm always looking up at them.

What I was thinking was once I get the shelving I want I may only put life size busts on the top shelf and have all PFs on th bottom two shelves.

This might be the opposite for you if you're standing while looking at your statues.
You bring up a good point there about standing vs sitting. I do each about the same. I could also reposition my chair so that I’m looking straight at the display. (I only have one wall of comic related items) That would help. I’d love to have a couple of 1:1 busts myself but they would take up too much room.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #740
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Question

Is there anyone out there making custom swap out right hand holding Mjolnir for sale?
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote