Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-03-2020, 05:36 AM   #61
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I showed it to 5 different people unfamiliar with the source and none had any issues understanding the story and characters. All they said was you have to pay attention and watch the whole season as it comes together.

I'd say be no harder than explaining Glacactus in a Fantastic Four story to a layman.
Completely agreed with you. I watched with two other people who had no clue about the books, the game, the lore and we all understood the show and quite liked it.

Well, this is definitely not a show for people who have an attention span of 2 seconds. Unfortunately, people like that are plenty nowadays!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:03 AM   #62
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I finished the last episode. I will give it a 4/10..

Also episodes 7 ad 8 should be called the Adventures of Yennifer, with special guest star the Witcher.
She’s quite an integral charachter though.
Geralt ,Yennifer and Ciri are the 3 most important charachters in the story.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #63
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I just cannot get into this show. I thought I would love it.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:38 PM   #64
protector2814
Phoenix

Just finished it & I tell ya, it was a slow-burn till the midway point. After the 2nd ep, I doubted I'd continue, but I kept on watching an episode at a time & started to enjoy it more & more. The last episode was quite satisfying & I'm looking forward to a 2nd season if one comes. I will say, as others have, it has a Xena thing going on every once & a while as it also does a Sabrina, The Teenage Witch thinh happening in an episode or two. Still, I loved the main characters in the end.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 09:03 PM   #65
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Just finished it & I tell ya, it was a slow-burn till the midway point. After the 2nd ep, I doubted I'd continue, but I kept on watching an episode at a time & started to enjoy it more & more. The last episode was quite satisfying & I'm looking forward to a 2nd season if one comes. I will say, as others have, it has a Xena thing going on every once & a while as it also does a Sabrina, The Teenage Witch thinh happening in an episode or two. Still, I loved the main characters in the end.
It was renewed for a second season...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #66
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I watched it through twice so I liked it well enough. I don't think its that accessible and doesn't explain much, it drip feeds things and you do have to pay attention.

One thing Game of Thrones did that was good was having the map in the titles. In The Witcher they talk about the continent and all these different kingdoms, but I don't have much of a mental picture of this world.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #67
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM28Cardiff View Post
I watched it through twice so I liked it well enough. I don't think its that accessible and doesn't explain much, it drip feeds things and you do have to pay attention.

One thing Game of Thrones did that was good was having the map in the titles. In The Witcher they talk about the continent and all these different kingdoms, but I don't have much of a mental picture of this world.
Without a map I generally have loose images in my mind of how places are relative to one another. If you only watched Lord of the Rings the geography of Middle Earth is nebulous.

I do agree it is nice to have orientation such as Westeros and Essos.

In the Witcher "The Continent" is fairly simple with a North/South dynamic.

Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:11 PM   #68
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This series can be confusing at first but I really enjoyed it. There was a certain episode that everything clicked and made sense after that but so you do have to pay attention.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #69
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
This series can be confusing at first but I really enjoyed it. There was a certain episode that everything clicked and made sense after that but so you do have to pay attention.
Someone I know made a diagram for themselves and loved the show so much she is on her third viewing already. It asks of the viewer, but found folks that get into it find it rewarding.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:26 PM   #70
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

I watched the first episode with my wife and then watched it by myself after that since she would be on her phone a lot and you had to pay attention the whole time.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote