Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #511
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm pretty sure if a big Sentinel fight is going on outside you wouldn't have X-men practicing in the Danger Room. Plus I'm not sure what story SS is trying to tell with Psylocke's base... If they would of added a little snow on their Sentinel bases it would have tied in perfectly with the snow only bases on other X-Men, small touches like that make a big difference..

All I know is when I look at pictures from collectors who have a bunch of SS X-Men statues all on one shelf the mix match of bases looks messy... If you only buy your favorite X-Men you could end up with one that's on a Danger Room base, one with a sentinel base and one with a big red X base, none of them go together... They do it with DC also, they put Batman on a Gargoyle base yet SS gives Batgirl a Joker style circus base... makes no sense...

It's probably more obvious with X-Men as they all fight together whereas other comic book characters can be grouped off into their own style bases (IE: Aquaman and Mera with sea bases where Superman and Supergirl can have snow style bases, etc...) They should put their X-Men on similar bases and then once they do that if they make a second statue of any character then they can put them on a solo base as the did with Logan.. anyways just my opinion...
I always took it as a multi-part battle of the school getting attacked. Some are fighting Juggernaut in the Danger Room, some are on the lawn fighting Sentinels, all while various Brotherhood member are also attacking, spread between inside the school (Mystique) and outside (Sabretooth). Basically a 4-way battle that allows SS to add in however many X-Men and villains they want. The villains wouldn’t make sense if they were just in the Danger Room.

For the snow I look at it like anywhere else after it snows. It’s not actively snowing so it wouldn’t be on any characters, some of it might have melted, so it’s in spots on the ground, not all over.

Also several X-Men can generate snow so it’s a possibility it can come from Iceman or Storm who hasn’t appeared yet. Therefore you wouldn’t snow all over, it would just be in whatever area they put it in.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #512
adee
Green Arrow

That's a lot of explaining lol

Does it really matter anyway? Some are in full action some are in museum, some in semi museum.

It doesn't look like a piece together dio no matter how it's explained. I don't think it was meant to be.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:56 PM   #513
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

Does it really matter anyway? Some are in full action some are in museum, some in semi museum.

It doesn't look like a piece together dio no matter how it's explained. I don't think it was meant to be.
Yeah, it's a long way to go to try and explain the bases...

SS seems to like to do statues in small groupings, I guess that works for most collectors as they can only display 2-3 statues per shelf anyways... I just have some big shelves were I can put around 8 statues per shelf, so for me having similar bases works out better but it is what it is...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 06:19 PM   #514
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post

Totally agree. A great sculpt is all that really matters, and this Sabretooth is a fantastic work. Sure it would be great if all bases where more cohesive, but the remedy for this sculpt/base is simple. If Sideshow releases a Brn Wolverine to match the scene(?), a face-off dio for the ages. Provided the great Martin Canale sculpts Ã- raging Wolverine to counter this sublime, utterly beastly Sabretooth.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 01:59 PM   #515
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I dig the EX portrait better, but i feel like he doesn't go with the sculpt as much as the regular portrait. But in all i prefer the XM studios one better, to me it just has an over all cooler look just don't dig the price.

I don't love sabertooth as a character so i may cheap out and get SS, unless i mysteriously get some more cash.
moyiori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:17 PM   #516
Nebulhym
The X-Men

This is worse than a bad custom.

The anatomy is all kinds of wrong.

Ugly!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #517
adee
Green Arrow

adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #518
Tarksis
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

Ugly!
Ugliness and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. But how, pray tell, is the anatomy "all kinds of wrong"? I would love to have this discussion lol!
Tarksis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #519
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

Ugly!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:16 PM   #520
Biggunz
Loki

Neb lets see how the video looks first. There's still hope for this one and it has a lot of positives.

But I do see what your saying where they tried to do the same skulpt as og wolverine pf with the awkward disdended rib cage to reflect the lunging motion.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote