Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #21
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iky
I am a huge hockey fan and root for the Avs.

I was born and raised in Colorado though I moved to California before the Nordiques became the Avalanche. I use to root for the Rockies, but when they moved to New Jersey, I didn't really follow them.

I love the new rules so far and hope the refs call the game the same way in the playoffs. The game seems to be faster and have better flow. I actually even like the shoot-outs instead of having ties and wish they would do 5 players instead of 3.
Whoo hoo! Up 1 - 0 over Dallas! We have an uphill battle for sure but they sure outplayed them today.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #22
chrisg
U talkin' to me?

Red Wings rule.

'Nuff said.
chrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #23
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iky
I am a huge hockey fan and root for the Avs.

I was born and raised in Colorado though I moved to California before the Nordiques became the Avalanche. I use to root for the Rockies, but when they moved to New Jersey, I didn't really follow them.
The Avs will go as far as Theodore will take them...
While he has been known to be stellar at times, I have my doubts about him.

Right now, as much as I hate to say it... The Devils look like the team to beat. They look amazing right now.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:44 PM   #24
aka_iky
The Spirit

The Avs looked great this weekend though I would have liked to seen Theodore tested a little more but the Avs were so dominant most of the game. I cannot wait to watch tonights game should be a good one since I doubt Dallas will come out flat again.

I am not sure if the Devils are the team to beat. Yeah they beat the Ranger 6-1 but 5 were PP goals and the Rangers killed themselves with penalties. There was so much special teams play I didn't get a good sense of Devils yet.
aka_iky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 PM   #25
KAOSINLA
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Devils were definitely impressive.....started the playoffs like they played the second half of the season, determined and controlled.
KAOSINLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #26
risingstar
Jedi Order

I sure hope Theodore gets a better break in CO.

Theo's performance this year is considered by most Habs fans as the worst goaltending they have seen in the past 50 years. It was abysmal.

How did you feel about trading David Aebischer?
Old 04-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #27
aka_iky
The Spirit

I personally didn't care for Aebi. I always thought he played too aggressive which caused him to be out of position and scrambling a lot. I also thought he let in a lot of soft goals and was not mentally tough. He would play great until that first goal and after thatn it was a question of was he going to rebound and not let another by him or was it going to be he would not recover and let a few more in the net. So I personally loved get of rid of Aebi and was delighted we got Theodore

I know people might say that hey he has a high save percentage, but after that first goal teams would throw a ton of pucks at him because he seem to be easily shaken.

I think Theodore will do well in Colorado though I am hoping it will be in the playoffs, but it mght be next year. He has not had a lot of time to develop chemistry with the team. Of the goalies in the playoffs now, I would take him over a few of them. I think getting out of the white hot goalie spotlight of Montreal will do him good.
aka_iky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:49 PM   #28
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

rangers are officailly killing me - if anyone just saw the end of the second period - rangers turn a 2 man advantage into a scoring on their own F#@king goal - AHHHHHH
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 PM   #29
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalker
rangers are officailly killing me - if anyone just saw the end of the second period - rangers turn a 2 man advantage into a scoring on their own F#@king goal - AHHHHHH

Rangers could be swept... Too many key injuries now.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:56 PM   #30
Daywalker
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar
Rangers could be swept... Too many key injuries now.
i would just hope they can pull one win to save some dignity
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote