Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #41
Tattoo-S
Mrs. Wookie~'Venger's Girl~GORE Princess~Silly Sister~Beast Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueItis View Post
I must admit what I have read of late on the forum, in particular the Hard Hero thread has been pretty bad. Certain members seem to have been singled out for vulgar, threatening remarks. It is one thing to joke with a friend but when hurtful things are said just for some individual's amusement, that is harassment.

Having said that, being for many years a law enforcement officer, if I reacted adversely every time something offensive was said I would never get anything worthwhile done. Neither would the Mods who cannot possibly read all these threads.

Still, when it is obvious what is happening, there must be other people here that have some compassion to help those being picked on.
Level heads are a rarity round here some days. My father was a deputy sheriff for 28 years, and I did a stint as a 911 operator, as well as dispatch, very stressful. I suppose my education in social science is what keeps me grounded, and does instill the urge to defend others, but I have to admit there has been an occasion or two for me to fly off the handle, but most would agree it's very seldom. I think it only natural of anyone to have an occasion, but there are some pretty hot heads that tend to "stir the pot" so to speak.
Tattoo-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:30 PM   #42
StatueItis
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattoo-S View Post
Level heads are a rarity round here some days. My father was a deputy sheriff for 28 years, and I did a stint as a 911 operator, as well as dispatch, very stressful. I suppose my education in social science is what keeps me grounded, and does instill the urge to defend others, but I have to admit there has been an occasion or two for me to fly off the handle, but most would agree it's very seldom. I think it only natural of anyone to have an occasion, but there are some pretty hot heads that tend to "stir the pot" so to speak.
In the beginning I thought that if anyone wanted my help they would ask for it, anything more on my part would be interference. You, with your education in social science would be able to understand this and explain it better than me, but most of the time they do need or want your help but for whatever reason, pride, fear...etc., they are reluctant to ask.

Twenty eight years, gota be a dedicated man to stick it out that long!
StatueItis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #43
Ish
Kindly Asked To Leave

what??
Ish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #44
rychehitman
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
what??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rules clearly state we are not to discuss the topic of banishments.

This is handled better in PM form. Any questions, PM Galactus! He's is all knowing!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM   #45
hawkeyethearcher
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

wow, 3 people who have posted on this thread are currently banned. it has been crazy around here lately. even a perma-ban it would appear. it is summer time, convetion/exclusives time so i would guess that contributes to it. i know when i am horny i post some off the wall stuff.

maybe after the conventions are over and all the trades have been made, after it has cooled off, people will calm down. i am surprised and pleased that the "friends of northstar" and "straight as an arrow" threads are going smoothly.
hawkeyethearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #46
patrickwm68
The Flash

I think I came close once, got a PM from a mod and everything. What I posted didn't last long but it got a big laugh.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 01:35 AM   #47
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Sad to think that there are those, even in this unreal reality, who would do things to get themselves banned. Re-casters, Thieves, Commissioners of greed and petty verbal battlers.

I love this site and have learned so much from it... It just saddens me.

Okay, enough emo.. now where did I put my Clay and my Makers Mark??
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #48
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Pierce View Post
Sad to think that there are those, even in this unreal reality, who would thins to get themselves banned. Recasters, Thieves, Commissioners of greed and petty verbal battlers.

I love this site and have learned so much from it... It just saddens me.

Okay, enough emo.. now where did I put my Clay and my Makers Mark??
I hate to tell ya Wes, but people get banned for other reasons too...
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:23 AM   #49
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

okay.. my question in the other thread wasn't answered so here it goes in this thread.

If one would get banned, is it permanent or a mere suspension for a specific period of time?
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:49 AM   #50
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

People can get banned for a couple of days, a week, a few months, or permanently, depending on the severity (or frequency) of the offence. That and the response of the Magic 8 Ball the disciplining mod consults at the time.
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote