Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-03-2017, 07:01 AM   #61
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I think he came out great. I kind of like the less monstrous base. Really looking forward to adding Zeus and Hades this year. I think of all of them done so far I like Hades the best. I am really loving this line. Here are mine in a horrible photo.

Very nice collection. However next to those, ZEUS - although the captain of the Gods- has the weakest basee.

I wonder how no one said anything about the base, too cheap for Zeus. Same applies for Hades
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:18 AM   #62
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Very nice collection. However next to those, ZEUS - although the captain of the Gods- has the weakest basee.

I wonder how no one said anything about the base, too cheap for Zeus. Same applies for Hades
I actually prefer the less ostentacious bases. The Ares, Athena, and Poesidon bases are about 18" deep, which means you can't really display them on a standard 12" to 14" W shelf, unless it is like mine and away from the wall about 4".

Arahom has always taken a more minimalist approach on the bases he has done on his own sculpts, going back to when I collected his 1/7 stuff. It will be fine once we get a few mixed in with the smaller bases. I love the Hades, I think he is my favorite so far. If these bases look too out of wack then I will get the final Arahom Ares and Athena re-sculpts but then I think Poesidon would look out of place alone. I think 3 of 9 with larger bases can be blended in and make a really good display.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #63
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Got my Zeus today, I like him a lot. Posiedon is actually the same size as Ares when measured from the bottom of his foot to the top of his head but since he is in "action" pose and bent forward a little and a little lower where his foot meets the base than Athena and Ares he just looked a LOT shorter so I made a little sea foam green booster for his base.

Back to Zeus he really looks good. Very happy with him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Z5.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	399.9 KB
ID:	106117   Click image for larger version

Name:	Z1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	106118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Z2.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	106119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Z4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	364.3 KB
ID:	106120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Z3.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	106121  

Old 07-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #64
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Got my Zeus today, I like him a lot. Posiedon is actually the same size as Ares when measured from the bottom of his foot to the top of his head but since he is in "action" pose and bent forward a little and a little lower where his foot meets the base than Athena and Ares he just looked a LOT shorter so I made a little sea foam green booster for his base.

Nice looks awesome!
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #65
Wolf3D
Frackin!

What bugs me is the missing animal for zeus. All the other Gods have at least one. His size seems okay although they could have made him a bit more bulky and give him an higher (mount olympus like) base. This way he would look down to the other gods as their king. Leaves me with the feeling that he is not as epic as he could have been.
Wolf3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:23 PM   #66
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:

Zeus looks good to me, congrats, but Darrin you can do better with the green foam
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 04:51 PM   #67
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3D View Post
What bugs me is the missing animal for zeus. All the other Gods have at least one. His size seems okay although they could have made him a bit more bulky and give him an higher (mount olympus like) base. This way he would look down to the other gods as their king. Leaves me with the feeling that he is not as epic as he could have been.
Yeah and Eagle would have been cool. Also RE the base I think the effect is hard to achieve but like a cloud effect over a moutain peak would have been cool.

I think once we have a few with the smaller base it won't stand out as much. I won't be able to display all of them in a row anyway so I can separate them by base size or other asthetic feature and I think it will be fine.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:17 PM   #68
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:

Looks very cool with all the statues together! Glad to hear you are happy with the quality and he arrived safely!!
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:09 AM   #69
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel54 View Post
Zeus looks good to me, congrats, but Darrin you can do better with the green foam
Sadly I can't. That is the peak of my artistic talent
Old 07-19-2017, 10:46 AM   #70
Marcel54
Hellboy

Quote:
Sadly I can't. That is the peak of my artistic talent
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote