Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 10-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #81
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
My Yamato Athena shows boobies.
Haha, that's true. But Yamato's Athena is not nearly as good in my opinion. Arahom's pieces are in a league of their own in terms of realism, details, and definition. ARH makes the most aesthetic statues, followed by sideshow.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #82
clearwater74
Doh!

Quote:
My Yamato Athena shows boobies.
Does the paint job on that look as good as the website? It looks phenomenal there.
clearwater74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #83
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater74 View Post
Does the paint job on that look as good as the website? It looks phenomenal there.
I'll take a photo when I get home.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:53 AM   #84
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Haha, that's true. But Yamato's Athena is not nearly as good in my opinion. Arahom's pieces are in a league of their own in terms of realism, details, and definition. ARH makes the most aesthetic statues, followed by sideshow.

Quote:
I'll take a photo when I get home.
no thanks! I want to see pics only if its boobs made by ARH
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:15 PM   #85
Brandon
The X-Men

So I've finally acquired an Athena to add to my slowly but surely growing collection and I have to say, It's amazing. I especially love the size and detail of the base. She fits right in between Poseidon and Zeus. I've also heard that a lot of people are against the bases of these statues being so massive, but I think when sculpting epic beings such as gods, they should be massive and detailed. The base for my Zeus is much smaller and though I definitely think it is well done, I would've prefered it to be bigger and with an eagle included. Just food for thought, with Hades, Hera, Aphrodite still in the works.

Speaking of which, anybody got an E.T.A on the next god statue? I know ARH takes quite a while to develop them because they're busy with other characters, but to mythology buffs like me the long wait time is kind of vexing.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #86
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
So I've finally acquired an Athena to add to my slowly but surely growing collection and I have to say, It's amazing. I especially love the size and detail of the base. She fits right in between Poseidon and Zeus. I've also heard that a lot of people are against the bases of these statues being so massive, but I think when sculpting epic beings such as gods, they should be massive and detailed. The base for my Zeus is much smaller and though I definitely think it is well done, I would've prefered it to be bigger and with an eagle included. Just food for thought, with Hades, Hera, Aphrodite still in the works.

Speaking of which, anybody got an E.T.A on the next god statue? I know ARH takes quite a while to develop them because they're busy with other characters, but to mythology buffs like me the long wait time is kind of vexing.
Can you post a pic with all 3 lined up?

Yes the Eagle not included and the basic base is almost unforgivable..almost!..but since some guys still buy it then they should not expect anything better in the next gods..basically giving ARH the green light to be half assed
Old 11-01-2017, 11:52 PM   #87
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

I love detailed bases, my problem with Ares and Athena is how deep they are. I REALLY prefer especially single character statues to fit on standard 12-13" deep shelves. Makes display much easier. Both Athena and Ares could have been made to accomodate this with relatively minor changes, but you are right the detail is awesome. Posiedon is as tall as he should be but when displayed with the others he appears short due to his pose and his placement on his base, also with his trident he is very deep as well. I have to display him on a corner shelf for that reason. I really wish he had included an Eagle, even with a simpler base it would make it go better with the others, IMO.

RE next release. As far as I know Hades was supposed to be released by the end of the year but having heard nothing I doubt that will be the case. Soon I hope though.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:18 AM   #88
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I love detailed bases, my problem with Ares and Athena is how deep they are. I REALLY prefer especially single character statues to fit on standard 12-13" deep shelves. Makes display much easier. Both Athena and Ares could have been made to accomodate this with relatively minor changes, but you are right the detail is awesome. Posiedon is as tall as he should be but when displayed with the others he appears short due to his pose and his placement on his base, also with his trident he is very deep as well. I have to display him on a corner shelf for that reason. I really wish he had included an Eagle, even with a simpler base it would make it go better with the others, IMO.

RE next release. As far as I know Hades was supposed to be released by the end of the year but having heard nothing I doubt that will be the case. Soon I hope though.
I hope Hades is better than Zeus! Maybe ARH will actually put some effort into Hades and not just dress up Hercules and give him a black beard on a dirt base with a Greek column in horizontal position broken in half ..I hope he not thinking they are tripletes
Old 11-02-2017, 01:53 AM   #89
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
I hope Hades is better than Zeus! Maybe ARH will actually put some effort into Hades and not just dress up Hercules and give him a black beard on a dirt base with a Greek column in horizontal position broken in half ..I hope he not thinking they are tripletes

They have been on a decline lately, Anck Su Namen is almost an exact copy of Cleopatra. And not to mention how they keep releasing different variants of Medusa instead of creating something new. But anyhow I am excited for Hades and will most likely buy him if he's at least half decent. I just hope they pick up the pace in the Greek gods line. I would hate to have to wait another year for Hera and Aphrodite.

Also, does anyone from ARH actually read these threads anymore?
Old 11-02-2017, 02:29 AM   #90
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
They have been on a decline lately, Anck Su Namen is almost an exact copy of Cleopatra. And not to mention how they keep releasing different variants of Medusa instead of creating something new. But anyhow I am excited for Hades and will most likely buy him if he's at least half decent. I just hope they pick up the pace in the Greek gods line. I would hate to have to wait another year for Hera and Aphrodite.

Also, does anyone from ARH actually read these threads anymore?
I hope they are reading and my advice is simple!

1. The cloning must stop!
2, The prices must drop!
3. Stop being a dick to customers!

I also want so say that some of you older veteran ARH collectors who continue to visit this forum and not speak out about this bull---- cloning and higher prices should be ashamed of yourselves for keeping quiet! ARH needs to stop this crap and make the pieces better!