Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 05-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #81
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

They should have made the top rubber.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #82
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

You are killing me Novak....

ARH releasing Sha-Ryn without the removable top isn't what pushed me over the edge. What pushed me over the edge, the final straw was that they told me I'd get a refund and then switched it up into store credit. That's what did it. They sold me a product with specific features and when a major component was changed they didn't give me my money back.

My problems with Medusa were the warped skirt, which I want replaced and the super sloppy paint job on the arm bands and snake mouths, which I'll fix myself rather than risk another bought of thier sloppy repair work.

What sloppy repair work? The job they did on Arkhalla 3. The magnet wasn't holding the arm (never fixed), there is a weird bump on her thigh (never fixed) and paint rubs from the foam (fixed). Plus I had to navigate a web of lies each time I called for an update on her.

I have supported them with patience, money and words but enough is enough. I am a victim of ARH and thier practices. And I have never said they were going bankrupt. I asked what people thought would happen to the value of their statues if they went bankrupt. As for the claims of no statues being delivered, Arahom pretty much confirmed that in his Facebook reply when he said they are still working on the first batch of Valkeries.

What's next? Just like Captain America, I can do this all day!!

:-P
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:58 PM   #83
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
Your eyes killing me Novak....

ARH releasing Sha-Ryn without the removable top isn't what pushed me over the edge. What pushed me over the edge, the final straw was that they told me I'd get a refund and then switched it up into store credit. That's what did it. They sold me a product with specific features and when a major component was changed they didn't give me my money back.

My problems with Medusa were the warped skirt, which I want replaced and the super sloppy paint job on the arm bands and snake mouths, which I'll fix myself rather than risk another bought of thier sloppy repair work.

What sloppy repair work? The job they did on Arkhalla 3. The magnet wasn't holding the arm (never fixed), there is a weird bump on her thigh (never fixed) and paint rubs from the foam (fixed). Plus I had to navigate a web of lies each time I called for an update on her.

I have supported them with patience, money and words but enough is enough. I am a victim of ARH and thier practices. And I have never said they were going bankrupt. I asked what people thought would happen to the value of their statues if they went bankrupt. As for the claims of no statues being delivered, Arahom pretty much confirmed that in his Facebook reply when he said they are still working on the first batch of Valkeries.

What's next? Just like Captain America, I can do this all day!!

:-P
You start a thread, in the ARH section, with the title "Statue Values Post Bankruptcy" with the following first post. Yeah, you never said they were going bankrupt

Quote:
So I'm about two years into the hobby and have not experienced what happens to the value of a statue when a company goes bankrupt. On one hand, maybe they will go up because they are not being made anymore, but what I'm afraid of is that they will lose their value because people who followed ARH will move to follow another company.

What's the opinions of some of the old heads here? Are my ARH statues going to become gold mines or should I be dumping them while ARH is still brain dead and on life support?
I've already said I think you should get a refund on your Sha-ryn. I haven't seen your "bump" on your Arkhalla but would love to see a pic. Does the arm fall out or do you just think it should be stronger? If they fixed the paint rubs why wouldn't they fix the magnet? Did you tell them about it at the same time and if so did they think it was strong enough? The Medusa skirt doesn't even look like anything to complain about to me, anybody can look at the pics and make their own opinion. The paint on the arm band is bad, that is true, but when you have an army of factory painters that can happen to any company and as you said you would rather touch it up yourself than send it back (as would I).

I have no idea of their delivery schedule and neither do you but a post of "We are working on Valkyries" is hardly synonomous to "We are not shipping any statues" and in fact Tarzan's and Sharyns have been going out I know people have posted those.

but whatever I guess. Start as many threads as you want. It doesn't seem to be helping you though.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:32 PM   #84
The13thWarlock

If I freed myself from Arhian 3 then it helped me a lot. I'm not taking pics of leg bumps or doing stress tests to see how much movement to make her arm come out. I'm not arguing my case here... Arkhalla 3 is behind me. I went with the "I guess I can live with it like that" approach. I don't want to do that with Medusa. That's fine that you don't see the skirt as a big deal, but it's not the way it's supposed to be. In fact, the issue must be pretty wide spread or they wouldn't have gone with the new rubber skirts.

Anyway... hopefully Arahom will honor what he said last night and I'll be closer to putting ARH in the rear view mirror. Then you won't see me in this section ever again! And that's a promise from the Warlock.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #85
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

The place will be pretty dead without you.

The Great One will be back at the end of the month. Then it might liven up again I guess.

On a side note in the midst of all the complaining didn't Arahom also send you some extra heads for your Conan the Sacrifce? I think at no charge? My point being that the oft portrayed one sided view of Arahom and his treatment of customers isn't the only side there is.

I hope you get the settlement you want as well. Probably best for everyone at this point.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #86
The13thWarlock

Yes. He did send me a head and sword. The head I needed but the sword wasn't the sword in hand from the ex or whatever addition. I still made good use of the sword on my medusa statue.

And I give credit when it's due or people here wouldn't even be aware that was sent to me.

And don't worry... I'm not leaving as much as changing my address to the general section to follow stuff on JayDee Models and Level52!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #87
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Yes. He did send me a head and sword. The head I needed but the sword wasn't the sword in hand from the ex or whatever addition. I still made good use of the sword on my medusa statue.

And I give credit when it's due or people here wouldn't even be aware that was sent to me.

And don't worry... I'm not leaving as much as changing my address to the general section to follow stuff on JayDee Models and Level52!!!
No Prime 1, Sideshow or XM love?
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #88
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Did I miss something or should I come back next month?
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 09:05 PM   #89
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
No Prime 1, Sideshow or XM love?
You know what I look for in a statue.... so no! Lol!

Sideshow actually had the audacity to make a catwoman with fully painted breasts and then covered them with a skin suit that has a zipper that doesn't work!!! Crazy!!!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #90
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:

That is true. The only reason I even know that is because you mentioned it. I haven't actually spoken to Arahom on the phone for at least 2-3 years and haven't spoken to anyone at ARH for over a year, Melissa and Spencer I think when my Frazetta and Posiedon statues were coming in. I did PM Spencer on FB about Hades I think but other than that I haven't had contact with them.