Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #71
Python
Omega Red

I think this looks amazing personally. I don't usually like the half torso look, but it just seems to work on this. That said, prices are silly now, so unless somebody wants to buy my Coolprops Giger Aien for way more than I paid for it, I probably won't be getting this sadly... I sure would like one though!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:15 PM   #72
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Was interested, saw the price, said my sayonara!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #73
pdenham
Teen Titans

Never once in all the multiple times I watched the film in it's original release, was I ever able to see the structure inside that dome. It was always smokey and impenetrable. That was simply how the character looked.

When I finally got the Kenner figure a year later, that was the first time I ever saw the skull underneath, and I'd honestly thought Kenner was just making it up to make the figure look more interesting.

Now it seems like anytime anyone makes a BC, the dome has to be clear enough to see all the work they put into the skull.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 03:19 PM   #74
ALIEN
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Definitely is undersized, but most of their busts are. It will sell out quick at that small ES, but there are so many great customs available of the Giger Alien, so I won't get worked up about not getting it.
Are you sure, same size as Coolprops version 91cm, in fact this one is 92cm.
ALIEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:57 PM   #75
BurningRage
Inhumans

I like it.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:27 PM   #76
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Never once in all the multiple times I watched the film in it's original release, was I ever able to see the structure inside that dome. It was always smokey and impenetrable. That was simply how the character looked.

When I finally got the Kenner figure a year later, that was the first time I ever saw the skull underneath, and I'd honestly thought Kenner was just making it up to make the figure look more interesting.

Now it seems like anytime anyone makes a BC, the dome has to be clear enough to see all the work they put into the skull.
Agreed. As I've mentioned before, I would love a Big Chap where you had to really make an effort to see the hint of a skull inside. Heck, or no skull at all, I did love that about the big chap on screen.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:52 PM   #77
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The more I look at this, the less I like it. It's not really designed as a bust. It's just an Alien cut off at the torso with the arms removed. The missing arms look so strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
That's a proper designed bust! Looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy98 View Post
Now that's a nice bust!

Don't really see the need for the torso.

With some movie busts it helps differentiate the character from just being a statue of a celeb but you aren't mistaking a xenomorph for anything else so just wish they'd focus on the fact less is more sometimes.... that said still looks great!
The literal definition of a bust is an upper torso. Not just a head on a stick. Besides, the last time we got an officially licensed 1:1 Alien "bust" it was just that, a head.

Busts, typically, do not have arms either. Chest + neck + head.

I'd much rather have a head + neck on a portion of the body cut off in an artistic style than just a lifeless head displayed as a trophy.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 06:55 PM   #78
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Agreed. As I've mentioned before, I would love a Big Chap where you had to really make an effort to see the hint of a skull inside. Heck, or no skull at all, I did love that about the big chap on screen.
Completely agree. I've always preferred the milky dome. That's what is shown in the film, and it looks better that way IMO. Less unnecessary detailing to take away from the overall shape/silhouette of the creature.

That's not to say I don't like the visible skull - I just prefer it the movie accurate way.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #79
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I was amazed when I first started seeing statues with the visible skull...I thought it was just an artistic liberty taken that wasn't screen accurate, but an awesome liberty. Then someone here posted a still from where it's hiding in the escape ship and you can clearly see the skull...I had never noticed it before. But yeah, even though it isn't visible most of the time on screen, I do really appreciate it in statue form.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AlienSkull.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	153013  
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:58 PM   #80
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
The literal definition of a bust is an upper torso. Not just a head on a stick. Besides, the last time we got an officially licensed 1:1 Alien "bust" it was just that, a head.

Busts, typically, do not have arms either. Chest + neck + head.

I'd much rather have a head + neck on a portion of the body cut off in an artistic style than just a lifeless head displayed as a trophy.
There's no single definition of what a bust is. Traditionally, it's the head and shoulders of the subject. Because of that, a portion of the chest is visible. In most cases, busts are designed to place the focus on the subject's portrait

In this case, it's a torso chopped at the waist. There's no specific focus on the portrait and I find the overall design detracting.

This is just my opinion. If you like it, that's great!
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote