Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-14-2022, 11:40 AM   #51
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Dark Fate was a pleasant surprise in the ancient skeletal remains of an already dead-and-buried franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Very impressive piece. Not for me and my collection, but very admirable.

No veggies here... I did, too. Not something you get the urge to rewatch often, but it did its job.

Yeah, T3 and Genysis were both too silly for their own good. In the right light, both can be fun times. But they are the worst of the franchise (without seeing both in ages, I'd still say T3 goes absolute bottom).
T3 is the worst for me. Genisys had some good moments, but overall does not stand up and pretty much is just an outlier as to the continuity of the story. I haven't watched either in ages, but if given a choice I would choose Genisys 3 out of every 5 times.

As for this bust, regardless of what you think of Dark Fate, this has to be one of the most impressive collectibles to ever debut. It's incredible what they are doing with Life Size busts these days. I have no room for them so I will never own more than the single one I do own (Neytiri), but I love to look at them from afar and appreciate anyone who can set up a classy display with them. I love to see them displayed next to a 1/4 or 1/3 of the same character.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:46 PM   #52
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

priced out of my range, cannot justify 5K !!
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:37 PM   #53
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Such an underrated flick. Nice likeness to Arnie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
Lets produce props/collectibles from the one film that killed the Franchise.
I value both of your opinions as quality posters on this forum.

I haven't seen the film. Now i have to watch it to see what's what.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:43 PM   #54
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

I have zero interest in old man Schwarzenegger. THANK GOD. because if this was Stage 4 T2 it would be all over for me.

I'm afraid this Old Man Schwarzenegger BLOWS THE DOORS OFF the Queen Studios T2 bust in terms of likeness and execution.
Old 08-15-2022, 01:08 AM   #55
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I value both of your opinions as quality posters on this forum.

I haven't seen the film. Now i have to watch it to see what's what.
I watched it last night, for the first time. I thought it was great. I have no idea why people are so troubled by it.

From the "Anti Woke" critics - for whom nothing is ever good, a lot of their nit picking is exactly that. That the film dares to have a female lead, that the film dares to progress the story from being Jon Conner focused (of course, this is gender swapping)....and the list of gripes goes on.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:23 PM   #56
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I watched it last night, for the first time. I thought it was great. I have no idea why people are so troubled by it.

From the "Anti Woke" critics - for whom nothing is ever good, a lot of their nit picking is exactly that. That the film dares to have a female lead, that the film dares to progress the story from being Jon Conner focused (of course, this is gender swapping)....and the list of gripes goes on.
I?m watching it on TNT now do the first time.

What am missing here? I am having trouble finding redeeming qualities about this film aside from old man Schwarzenegger being the cyborg Patriarch of first wives club. What I find upsetting is all of these new and improved Terminators no matter how advanced they are are miles behind the impact the T1000 had in 1991. I?m happy I saw it but I?d put this one in line with genesys behind salvation and FAR behind T3. Not even worth mentioning with 1&2.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:43 PM   #57
PCS_Sagat_Buyer
Birdman

I watched T2 and Dark Fate back to back the other night. I think T2 has so much hype and legacy behind it that nothing will come close to it but honestly, both films are just a group of people narrowly avoiding death by the hands of a more advanced terminator over and over. I don't see how anyone could love T2 and dislike Dark Fate.
PCS_Sagat_Buyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:45 PM   #58
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I?m watching it on TNT now do the first time.

What am missing here? I am having trouble finding redeeming qualities about this film aside from old man Schwarzenegger being the cyborg Patriarch of first wives club. What I find upsetting is all of these new and improved Terminators no matter how advanced they are are miles behind the impact the T1000 had in 1991. I?m happy I saw it but I?d put this one in line with genesys behind salvation and FAR behind T3. Not even worth mentioning with 1&2.
Yes, I can't imagine why anyone would say it was a great movie unless they were in it or something. I would put it dead last or next to last and it's not due to that stupid "woke" excuse people use either.

I don't hold that against the bust though, it looks great.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 10:52 PM   #59
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I think for me, you just need to put the movie aside and view this as a legacy piece for the Terminator franchise, a tribute to Arnold. At least that is what I'm telling myself so I order this piece. Still undecided.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 05:34 AM   #60
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

When they announced Dark Fate, I was genuinely excited to see it as I've been waiting for a proper T3 for nearly 3 decades.

In the end, all I got was a movie peeing on T2's legacy in the very frst minutes... Needless to say I'm not sure Infinity Studios made the right call on this bust.
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote