Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-28-2022, 03:38 PM   #11
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
It's Queen Studio so I'm sure they will include the shoulders and do a proper bust, most companies these days only do the head on a stand, I wouldn't call those busts at all. The only other 1:1 Big Chap bust that was produced was the HCG 1:1 Alien bust but imo quality isn't quite there, so despite there being lots of 1:1 Alien stuff out there, this has pretty much no competition. Will be keeping an eye on this.

You're right. I hadn't fully thought about that.

I was remembering the SSC LS bust, which always seemed awkward as hell. Looking it up now, that one was only half scale, and was still 20" deep!

If Queen makes a proper 1:1 bust of this, with the shoulders and at least part of the ribcage, and does everything well... Yeah, it'll be in a class by itself. Not to mention, freaking huge and heavy.

Overexposed or not, this could easily be a showstopper if done right.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 10:56 PM   #12
pau123
Sailor Moon

Probably turn out the size of Thanos.
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2022, 11:18 PM   #13
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theokan View Post
It's Queen Studio so I'm sure they will include the shoulders and do a proper bust, most companies these days only do the head on a stand, I wouldn't call those busts at all. The only other 1:1 Big Chap bust that was produced was the HCG 1:1 Alien bust but imo quality isn't quite there, so despite there being lots of 1:1 Alien stuff out there, this has pretty much no competition. Will be keeping an eye on this.
Yea, if they do it right it should match well with the old Sideshow SWS Aliens bust.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 07:28 PM   #14
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hmmm, I appreciate it's a character that is fairly regularly represented in this hobby. But I don't think it's been done to a super high standard too often. Coolprops made a nice 1/3 based on the suit as it is now, as did Mamegyorai and Prime 1 recently, but that was fraught with quality issues and breakages, there's probably only 150 or so in existence and good luck getting one now. We've never had an accurate 1:1 bust that's readily available, so this will be a first. And I think there's most definitely room for a nice 1/4 statue. I think Sideshows maquette was the last one many years ago and that is very much showing it's age compared to the newer stuff.

That said, I agree that there are lots of other options from the franchise that would be nice to see tackled.
Yeah. This. I don't understand people who complain about alien or predator oversaturating the market when most of us are still waiting for properly designed and executed pieces.

I want to live in a world where there are as many alien and predator collectibles as there are transformers, batman and iron man.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:32 AM   #15
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Studios Collectibles
COMING SOON!

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 01:44 PM   #16
kaijutitan
Frackin!

Big Chap, nice!
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:10 PM   #17
Matson1984
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Oh god. My wallet is crying. Hopefully Queen knocks this out of the park!
Matson1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 04:51 PM   #18
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

YES!!!! sweet satisfaction knowing I passed on the cool props one!
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 07:38 PM   #19
pdenham
Teen Titans

I'll just remind people what was mentioned above.

This head in 1/2 scale was twenty inches deep.

A 1:1 is going to be more than 3' deep on the shelf- unless they make it tilting down (which would be very much in the spirit of many film scenes of it).

Trying to find room for the LSB 1/3 Hulk would be a piece of cake compared to this, for most people.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:30 PM   #20
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

oof i have the Legendary Scale bust from Sideshow which is 1/2 and I don't think I can handle a life size but it may be tough to resist.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote