Conehead
Luke Cage

Rebel Terminator
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:58 PM   #22
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
That's the tough part. They all connect with the exception of Aspen. That's just a cool looking babe statue IMO. I did read the comics but wasn't impressed.
Just curious, how do you connect with the terminator chick, a completely made up SS piece, any more than Aspen (a comic character from something I assume you just didn't read). Because of the material it is based on? In that case I would recommend Batwoman. Beyond that, I don't see anyone EVER making a Taarna 1/4 statue lol.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:22 AM   #23
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
That's the tough part. They all connect with the exception of Aspen. That's just a cool looking babe statue IMO. I did read the comics but wasn't impressed.
Just curious, how do you connect with the terminator chick, a completely made up SS piece, any more than Aspen (a comic character from something I assume you just didn't read). Because of the material it is based on? In that case I would recommend Batwoman. Beyond that, I don't see anyone EVER making a Taarna 1/4 statue lol.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:33 AM   #24
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
OK so he wasn't impressed.... doesn't change my question/comment, does it? The person isn't impressed by Aspen comics, so why more of a draw to terminator woman, with no backstory/media asociation. Just curious.....
Old 01-12-2019, 12:57 AM   #25
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
OK so he wasn't impressed.... doesn't change my question/comment, does it? The person isn't impressed by Aspen comics, so why more of a draw to terminator woman, with no backstory/media asociation. Just curious.....
Yeah I don't know. Maybe cause it's associated with terminator which he likes more. Definitely something he'll have to answer.

Just totally thought it was funny that he said he read it, then you quoted him thinking he hadn't. Got to admit to the irony of that just a bit!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:00 AM   #26
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Rebel terminator. At least it looks cool.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #27
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Yeah I don't know. Maybe cause it's associated with terminator which he likes more. Definitely something he'll have to answer.

Just totally thought it was funny that he said he read it, then you quoted him thinking he hadn't. Got to admit to the irony of that just a bit!
For some reason I stopped at babe statue LOL
Old 01-12-2019, 02:06 AM   #28
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Off your list... I went with these 2

House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:51 AM   #29
demonhunter
Kingpin

1. Batwoman
2. Taarna
3. Rebel Terminator
4. Aspen
5. PCS Reptile 1/3

Okay, for me, I think this way:

Taarna. I didn't know much about her except she was from Heavy Metal animated movie in 1981. But apparently it's pretty iconic/popular. But to me, I don't have much affinity for Heavy Metal. If I have watched Heavy Metal when I was younger and have an affinity for it, I would.

3. Rebel Terminator. If I'm not wrong, this is not any character from the Terminator movie franchise nor from the comics. Although it has a nice design, but it is not of character from canon. In some ways I would consider it a generic Terminator character. I'd rather collect a character that has an established back story, and history. Not made up ones.

4. Aspen. Although I read some of the comic books of Aspen, even the ones by Michael Turner and the crossovers with Witchblade and Tomb Raider at Top Cow comics, I primarily read them for the art. The stories were not very impactful and memorable. Neither was Aspen to me. However, I would have loved to collect the CS Moore coral bikini statue of Aspen because of aethestics, I missed that one because I was just a poor college boy back then. This time, Sideshow made a beautiful Aspen statue that is almost just as beautiful if not more beautiful than the CS Moore Studio's one.

PCS Reptile 1/3. 1/3 is really really on the very big side. I'd prefer 1/4. And the mixed media with fabric is something I'd prefer not to have. I'm more of a Street Fighter/KOF/DOA/Tekken fan, than Mortal Kombat. So affinity level on this is lower.

So, I'd pick Batwoman instead.
(1)Batwoman = nice sculpt
(2)Looks like the definitive Batwoman statue out there to me.
(3)Nice size =1/4
(4)No fabric.

So, guess what I'm trying to say, for yourself, maybe you can think of which character you have the most affinity for, and whether you care about if a character has a legit backstory/history(if there was, maybe it'll be more enjoyable to collect the statue and learn more about the character). Do you mind mixed media on your statues? Do you prefer certain sizes? Would 1/3 be too big? Are the aesthetics enough to overweight the need for affinity or character history? Sometimes I would purely for aesthetics.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 12:25 PM   #30
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This is where having rules/guidelines to your collection can help

Aspen: If you're looking for a statue that will draw attention, is unique for SS due to the water effects, and has a little easter egg (sea horse). She also has a story, companion pieces coming out (Grace) and she looks good...

Batwoman: If you're looking to complete your DC/Batman 1/4 collection and you don't have a Batwoman than this is the one to get. It's a really nice sculpt...

Rebel Terminator: Looks really good... associated with Terminator... but that's really it... would get this if you're not in a position of having to make trade offs... however since that is the case, would recommend getting something you can connect with instead...

Taarna: If you saw the movie Heavy Metal then perhaps? It's a rather simple statue compared to Aspen and Rebel Terminator...

PCS Reptile: This seems more like a nostalgia choice from playing Mortal Kombat back in the day? If you have other PCS Mortal Kombat collectibles then it should be on the table, if you don't, then I would recommend taking it off the table...

Recommended list:
1) Aspen
2) Batwoman
3) Rebel Terminator
4) Taarna
5) PCS Reptile

Either way, may you enjoy the choice you make!
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote