Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-18-2019, 11:38 AM   #1381
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
True. Lee bulked him up quite significantly which is why I didn't care for the EX portrait. If we're talking classic Killer Croc, this is a great interpretation of him. Also one could argue (and many have) that Batman is oversized, so there's that.

To your other point, I think you are right to worry, unfortunately. By time they get around to Riddler and Scarecrow (if they ever do these characters), PFs will be approaching $1000, if not more.

For me, Mr. Freeze is already a super tough decision at $720, even with some reward points factored in.
Yeah the EX was comical. That crocodile head needed to be put on a much much bigger body. Should've gone with the one head (without seam) or bulked up the body significantly.

Or have a severed hand EX to put on the base or something showing that Croc had just finished a human meal.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #1382
aa909
The Green Hornet

It's an awesome piece. He's actually a good size but he's hunched over (his shoulder is by his hip) so a taller base would have served nicely on this

Either way the sculpt and paint apps on this are excellent!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 01:59 PM   #1383
Comicbookguy
Hercules

It was a stunning piece. Huge ex or fail imo. The ex looked so good in person and so different with the choice of two great portraits.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:55 PM   #1384
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
Resurrecting an old thread. I finally found a chain that was in scale with Croc. I love this PF, very underrated, the scales on his skin is fantastic, and his reg portrait is an absolute beast. The only complaint I had with him was the hideous neck seam. Problem solved and he is one of my favorite PFs.

I love Batman's rogue gallery!!! May get Mr. Freeze if he goes on sale. They'll go great together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post

Super underrated statue, i don't own it but plan to some day.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:10 PM   #1385
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Super underrated statue, i don't own it but plan to some day.
Yeah he is really really underrated, sculpted traditionally by the great Pablo Viggiano. I always prefer monster sculpts (even over T&A ) so I just had to get him.

Don't think you'd find a better deal than $75 off and free global shipping. This thing has taken forever to sell out but it's finally "sold out" for the EX and "low stock" for the REG.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:57 AM   #1386
Halcyon
New Republic

Question

Question,

I am thinking about buying a regular version of this.
Know it is from batman (which i don't collect), but think it will look nice as a spider-man 1/4 villain (but these are all fully sculpted)

Does anyone know if his skin is nicely sculpted under his pants (which looks quite loose)?
Are there ppl who customized their Croc to fully sculpted or did other improvements to it?

Thanks for any info ! Martin
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:05 AM   #1387
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Question,

I am thinking about buying a regular version of this.
Know it is from batman (which i don't collect), but think it will look nice as a spider-man 1/4 villain (but these are all fully sculpted)

Does anyone know if his skin is nicely sculpted under his pants (which looks quite loose)?
Are there ppl who customized their Croc to fully sculpted or did other improvements to it?

Thanks for any info ! Martin
No. The skin under his pants are not fully sculpted. The pants aren’t that lose and they hide the flat sculpt underneath well. You won’t see the unsculpted legs unless you purposefully lift up the pants...which won’t go up that much as it’s a tight fit and the material isn't stretchy.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:45 AM   #1388
djmogo89
Justice League

What are the chances of Sideshow releasing another Killer Croc in the near future?

Seeing that they just put up for preorder a new bane I would not be surprised if this happens sooner than later.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:49 AM   #1389
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post
What are the chances of Sideshow releasing another Killer Croc in the near future?

Seeing that they just put up for preorder a new bane I would not be surprised if this happens sooner than later.
There's a large bridge that goes over the gap in popularity from Killer Croc to Bane.

Bane us the more widely known and much more popular to even casual comic and pop culture fans.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #1390
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmogo89 View Post

I want to say very very low since Killer Croc took forever to sell out even heavily marked down. He has been a C list Batman villain until the Arkham games made him more popular.

But then they made another Bane even though he sold very slowly (the EX sold out relatively quickly I guess).

You never know with Sideshow I guess but I still say chances are low. If they do another one I want a monster croc!