Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #181
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Jyn Erso was/is a home run IMO.

After seeing that in person, I had little doubt Leia was going to turn out almost exactly like it's prototype, due to what would more than likely be a PVC head too.

I think Leia's portrait looks similarly good.
The Hot Toys better captures her at the age and look she specifically had in '77 IMO, but there's clearly no mistaking Fisher's features in this PF.

Unfortunately, as much as I'd always missed not being in this hobby at the time to grab a minty fresh original Leia PF, and as much as I think the portrait here is a major net improvement over that earlier one, I find the statue as a whole sadly underwhelming and insultingly overpriced.

Compare and contrast all the construction and materials that go into the Jyn Erso PF to what is here. A Jyn reg was not only $40 cheaper, it also had a significantly lower edition size (economies of scale are always a factor). And there was only one year between these releases.
Even worse, Erso can now be had for more than $100 less than Leia (and even more when you factor in shipping).
All Leia is, is a head sculpt. Everything else about this PF is as basic as basic can be. Even the costume (which cover up the mannequin from neck to toe) is a very simple pattern utilizing one kind of fabric.

Sure, a weak Leia would always be destined to sell far more than even the best Jyn. And being a primary OT character, it's inevitable she gets the OT tax. But SS didn't even try to justify it here.
I would have bought this if it didn't look so much like the OG Leia (which I have.)
Y3E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:07 AM   #182
ambasah
Red Skull

none of the star wars statues are worth pre-ordering...actually make that any statue made by SS is not worth pre-ordering.

buy in the aftermarket and save a lot of money. exclusives included.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 11:35 AM   #183
ninjette
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
none of the star wars statues are worth pre-ordering...actually make that any statue made by SS is not worth pre-ordering.

buy in the aftermarket and save a lot of money. exclusives included.

I bought Jyn Erso Ex with extra rewards, free global shipping and - 10 รท 1 year after it was available.
Never thought it could be possible with a Star Wars PF.
ninjette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #184
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Finally a notification on this that is not a delay:
Your Princess Leia Premium Format Figure item will be arriving into our warehouse in a few days. Your final payment is scheduled for Tuesday, May 21, 2019.
House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:44 PM   #185
House

Hmm, This still has not shipped from processing on Tuesday. Has been preparing to ship ever since. Here we are on Friday.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:42 PM   #186
Raas Kaaz
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by House View Post
Hmm, This still has not shipped from processing on Tuesday. Has been preparing to ship ever since. Here we are on Friday.
same here.. they told me there was a truck delay or something... will ship next week
Raas Kaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:36 PM   #187
House

Just got this in today! I think the they did an excellent job of capturing the likeness of Carrie Fisher! The hand for the blaster you do have to "bend" the fingers to get the blaster in. Only issue i have, is they sent me 2 EX arms gotta get a regular

More Pictures here:
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=1#post5763104

Old 01-10-2020, 04:05 PM   #188
Y3E
Gen 13

I caved an order this statue when SS offered a discount and free shipping to Canada.

As House said, good likeness and hand holding the gun, you really need to bend the fingers. The hand must be made out of pvc.

Despite my love for mixed media, the fabric on this one irked the hell out of me. Very thin and too much of it. I had to push a lot of the fabric behind the statue to get it too look nice when viewing from the front of Leia. There was one wire in the sleeve of the arm holding the gun. I wished one was put in the other arm too.

Not a bad statue, but not a great one. I still prefer the OG one.
Y3E is online now   Reply With Quote