Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #961
coolandwarm
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrod1987 View Post
So i got this lame reply from Daniel in the returns department stating that he doesn't have a suitable replacement that would be better then my current item. My Scarlet Witch as of right now has a crack in her arm and a chip in her neck. So, if all the replacements have that exact same issue, it sounds to me like they need to get new replacement pieces. Also, regarding the neck, he said because the cape would cover the chip, it's not a displayable part of the statue. LAME, it's still a damaged item and is not mint or new like we are supposed to receive. I'm extremely irate at this point. Only options given were a $35 credit or a $30 refund, or return for a full refund; very petty and absolutely of no use to me.
I received the same explanation on my statue regarding the chip and i sent them a picture the same day i got it and i was on the first to receive this statue from sideshow. so no excuse on not enough replacement, but as they find a way to work around it they gave the same lame as excuse that compared to the rest of the replacement there is no difference this is the 4th statue recently that i got from sideshow with issues and they have avoided a replacement and give the same excuse. I was ordering a lot before and now i cut down about 75%, what a shame since i love collecting these statues but not with these issues that seem to arise often.
coolandwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #962
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
It shouldn't matter if the chips are coverable or not. You paid $350 for an acceptable piece. Let SS know that you are informing other collectors about the issue with their in=stock pieces. According to them all their regulars in stock must have chips. That isn't cool.
Not trying to bash SS for fun because I know they do have some good people there. But how can I not agree with this? I mean if it's chips, cracks that are covered. It's still consider a flaw on a statue. That's why I complain when I see it on my new statue. I know if I ever trade it or sell it to the next guy they will too. so did SS just stop making replacements? I just don't get how this is good for business. I used to think if it's new we don't need to worry. Now is like a gamble every time I open a new box knowing if something comes broken chances are it's an big uphill battle to fight for a replacement part that chances are I will lose all over a brand new release. I just hope this can be fixed and is not a permanent thing. someone in management needs to seriously look at this replacement policy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #963
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Here's my reg. I like her a lot. More then Storm even.

Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:00 PM   #964
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Beautiful . . .
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #965
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

doesn't come close to the MArk Brooks comiquette IMO
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #966
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
Here's my reg. I like her a lot. More then Storm even.

I agree Fremen. I have always stood by my comment that Scarlet Witch was more intriguing than Storm PF. If Storm was floating on a base of clouds, or her arms outstretched like she was flying or something more dynamic, I would still own her now and would be ballyhooing Storm much more than SW. But SW to me is the slightly better statue. She is doing exactly what she would do in the comics....casting a hex bolt.

Grats on a great looking statue.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #967
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

While you guys might like her better, SW is no more or less dynamic than Storm. They are both in a pose that conveys they are using their powers, i.e. calling lighting or rain vs. casing a hex, while standing on a base.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #968
Lostang04
Kindly Asked To Leave

Here is mine ...

Lostang04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #969
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
doesn't come close to the MArk Brooks comiquette IMO
I sold the comiquette a few weeks ago. I didn't like that it came in 15 parts, I never displayed it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #970
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostang04 View Post
Here is mine ...

Nice! Do you own a shop? I love those displays. Can we see more pics on the storm, wolvie and cable! Any link to more pics also did you make those yourself? They are very nice! Simply amazing!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote