Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 01-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #1251
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Easy solutions is, this is what you get for a grand and if you want a proto perfect, in-house artist inspected, repainted or whatever piece it will cost $x.xxx more. Call it some sort of specia edition you have to pay up for he tong yang for. I personally would buy those exclusively. STOP showing items that you cannot have produced and then hide behind a disclaimer. This is not PCS specific...

Also if there are changes such as omitting materials that were offered and paid for then not only offer the reason for the change but a full refund of wanted or refund of those omitted materials/labor costs...

This is not rocket science. Treat your customers the way you would want to be treated...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #1252
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
At almost a 4 year wait and 150 pieces, these should've been done In-House.
My position is much more pragmatic.
Once it was clear that what was advertised could not be delivered the statue should have been cancelled and done. Really that goes for any statue.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #1253
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Easy solutions is, this is what you get for a grand and if you want a proto perfect, in-house artist inspected, repainted or whatever piece it will cost $x.xxx more. Call it some sort of specia edition you have to pay up for he tong yang for. I personally would buy those exclusively. STOP showing items that you cannot have produced and then hide behind a disclaimer. This is not PCS specific...

Also if there are changes such as omitting materials that were offered and paid for then not only offer the reason for the change but a full refund of wanted or refund of those omitted materials/labor costs...

This is not rocket science. Treat your customers the way you would want to be treated...
This right here is what need to be learned.

Every statue must have a backup plan. If things go south in production how will we handle it and still do right by our customers.

Telling people like myself they will have to lose money for something already a year late isn't the way to do that.

If you can't afford to do the right thing then you don't make statues and you don't run a business.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #1254
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I’m hoping this statue is the last of the production looks way off from proto after years of waiting. People can argue back and fourth both sides have good points but I think bottom line is pcs has produced some amazing prototype looking statues in the past and present all kinds of complications involved their is no excuse on their behalf for sub par quality AND not to continue that prototype quality with ALL future statues.

That goes for any company you can’t deliver amazing products 70% of the time and then half ass the other 30% consumers will know right away and there is no excuse all companies make mistakes if you can’t do the statue right don’t release it or stop making statues. Every statue should have the same care out into it and quality.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:27 PM   #1255
Battletroll
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Look for Jerry's posts through this thread and most of the changes are addressed.
He did say the teeth were still acrylic, but from the pics and reviews I get that they are not.
Battletroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:36 PM   #1256
zadmax
A day without sunshine is like... night.

While many of the posted pictures have been horrendous, I am pretty happy with what I have seen in the video reviews that are out there.

I am still waiting for my shipping notification however.
zadmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #1257
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
At almost a 4 year wait and 150 pieces, these should've been done In-House.
Yes, after the fact, I agree, but with in house american wages, then the piece would then be worth $3000 a piece easily and I doubt very many would pay that much! I could be wrong. Mabye PCS will do a second Darkness statue with a different pose and get everything right that bothered people, or maybe they will do a life size bust, but I kinda see that as pointless seeing as the man himself MILES TEVES did it for sideshow so many years ago. WHO knows.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 02:30 AM   #1258
rrjrstatueman
The X-Men

Although I plan on making changes on mine , in my opinion this really looks great out of the box as mentioned in my video , that picture next to the Porto is off , in person he really has a sinister look . And to be honest I would have been happy paying 2000.00 for this guy LOL . I actually think he looks way better then the SS I have likeness wise . ��
rrjrstatueman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:18 AM   #1259
PCSAlice
PCS Toys
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Just got my Darkness has shipped!!! Wootah!!!

2 day ship time from NC to Chicago so hopefully have in hand on Wed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooohoo!! Did you get it!?

- Alice
PCSAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:19 AM   #1260
PCSAlice
PCS Toys
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
haha. Great post!

- Alice
PCSAlice is offline   Reply With Quote