Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #3631
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
So, once this is glued in properly like pretty much the whole production was except a few odd balls this will not Lean! I have 21 years of collecting experiences and I will bet you my Soul that in 5,10,30...etc years it will not lean at all.
*Caveat. It MAY lean in the future. However the lean would have nothing to do with the miscasting or improper assembly. They are leaning for two completely different reasons.

Now that doesn't mean that it can't lean in the future due to being structurally unsound, poorly cured resin etc. But just cause it's leaning now doesn't mean it will in the future.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:36 PM   #3632
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
*Caveat. It MAY lean in the future. However the lean would have nothing to do with the miscasting or improper assembly. They are leaning for two completely different reasons.

Now that doesn't mean that it can't lean in the future due to being structurally unsound, poorly cured resin etc. But just cause it's leaning now doesn't mean it will in the future.
I am a good judge of quality and I'm sorry, but I know for a fact my Scorpion won't be leaning ever and no chance! If you own a good one right now you can tell it's not going to Lean unless yours was defective out the box being improperly glued together.

This was leaning because the factory assembled it wrong and that's it. Facts are it will not Lean in the future and the few that are too far leaning are completely due to gluing them improperly. It is dried as one piece and will not move when it has settled. Try to move it and watch it snap.

The resin is solid and not weak at all. Factories may cut corners, but I have 100's of statues and stick to good designs and I can guarantee my Scorpion will have no issues in the future nor does it have any now. Most common QC issues are paint flaws in general and the factory did a pretty good job on Scorpion. Not perfect, but still great. Another issue that factories can improve is the issue you see with a small amount of Scorpions being assembled wrong. They can try to be more careful when pieces need to be assembled when cemented in place but when a human error does occur it should be pointed out from QC and not allowed to pass inspection.

The Scorpion Sculpt leans slightly in and then becomes straight towards the top as intentionally designed and when assembled correctly like 98% of production they will have no issues in the future. Like with any material, if you understand how to take care and maintain certain materials in the right enviorment these items can last generations in Mint condition. Depending on the piece It's a gamble having one with a dynamic pose for leaning problems versus this with a simple pose that has a strong structure. I took a gamble with Wolf Preadator LSF Being so Dynamic that it might Lean, but so far I must be lucky because it still looks perfect and heard of no one having issues with that.

I have statues many years old and All the QC issues I ever encountered were never to do with bad resin or bad structure resulting in leaning. So, from all my expiriences and my huge collection to back me I guess either call me lucky to not experience a structural Lean issue versus this Scorpion is a manufacturing defect out the box or maybe I can judge good designs and pick pieces that don't have future issues..

I can't see a poorly cured resin effecting these pieces and in all my years and statues I have I can't see that is very common for these productions to have bad resin. So, I'm definitely not worried that this statue is going to crumble away in a few years. Sorry, but Scorpion is epic and standing Mighty straight with all his Glory! Never to fall or Lean!

Now, Sub Zero... GET OVER HERE.... Mine should be arriving soon and peeps that sold there Ninjas will regret it in due time. Jerry, please never revisit these Ninjas in 1/3 again so when someone that sold there's regrets they sold it they will have to learn the hard way not to speculate everything on early pictures when in the end he turned out to be a masterpiece. People that are judging from pics or a small number of defects should really judge in person.

I actually like the Material and as someone mentioned the black vest unerneath possibly could have been slightly thicker, but It is still stitched very well. That Doesn't take away from the piece in any way though and just my opinion. The vest looks amazing anyway and I honestly cant stop staring at Scorpions menacing pose... He definitely gives off a chilling presence and I smile ever time I walk into the room and see him. Can't stop looking.

People jump to conclusions like its bad because the 2 or 3 people that have a bad experience due to a defect speak up and broadcast there disappointment but think about how many happy collectors there are that have no issues and are happy with their purchase. My honest opinion is I think Scorpion came out great and for the price we paid that is great value.

Things like broken spears are just the unlucky roll of the dice we all have to deal with when it comes to monopoly delivery services mishandling packages, so all we can hope in that scenario is that PCS can follow up with a replacement for those unlucky souls. PCS Is good when it comes to fixing issues by sending a replacement and they usually don't do reaplcemtns until all collectors have received there piece is what they did in the past to give collectors all the same time to claim a reaplcememt if any issues arrive.

Hopefully, replacements will be in for the collectors that need a new Scorpion and everyone that wants him to keep that you are left ultimately happy with yours as I am with mine.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #3633
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

You're like some weird amalgam of forps and OrangeCrush.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 PM   #3634
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #3635
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
No sorry, I am Alf from Melmac.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:57 PM   #3636
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
No sorry, I am Alf from Melmac.

It's all good. Just an observation.

(btw, your pic isn't showing up)
Old 05-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #3637
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
It's all good. Just an observation.

(btw, your pic isn't showing up)
I was trying to put a different ALF Pic but it won't upload so I changed it to another

Old 05-25-2017, 07:07 PM   #3638
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Well, at any rate, enjoy your stay here on Earth, ALF.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:15 PM   #3639
ALF_1
Justice League

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, at any rate, enjoy your stay here on Earth, ALF.
Thanks, I will; Earth is great! Been here for years and can't leave. The friendly family I am staying with has a development over populated with stray cats, so I will help reduce the population so no bad diseases can spread. I figured the hospitality that humans showed me, I should do something to show my appreciation for them and oh yeah did I mention; cats are delicious!
Old 05-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #3640
vinnnie
Luke Cage

If CBG wasn't enough already...
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote