Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-26-2015, 12:16 AM   #1081
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I disagree. The ES was not too many. I like the fact that I was able to get the combo. I like the fact that I could have bought them separately, if needed. Besides, PCS already stated that they would cut off the ES after approximately one week. I know that everyone wants a lower ES, but I love that I still had a shot at the set after an hour had passed from the 3p.m. pacific P.O. time.

I hope they do this again with Skeletor and Panthor because I want both combos as a set.
This is why I'm so glad I pass on the set. Nothing wrong with making more. I'm just saying for myself the ES is what set me waiting for now. I'm so glad I didn't order this one or set. But ES won't stop me from a filmation battle cat to match my he-man
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:51 AM   #1082
MOTU_Maniac
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I agree with the spirit of you comments, it's definitely not the "very limited" he spoke of earlier but...

Whatever does not sell will not get produced. It is not like Jerry is going to make 100 over what was sold just because it is the stated ES.

Everybody flipped out over Battle-Cat so he upped it. The combo made the money. The rest is likely icing on the cake. Had ridden the hype he had before the Vega PO disaster and he beat Sideshow's announcement I feel sales would have been a good bit higher even if not sold out.
Yeah, there was A LOT of buzz (even from people that don't even collect MOTU) when it was believed that BC would be extremely limited. But once people saw 500 total EX Battle Cat, 500 Regular helmeted Battle Cat, and 1,000 total MM He-Man I think people realized it wasn't as limited (aka easy to flip/valuable) as once thought. Then, on top of that, there was the Sideshow MOTU 1:5 statue announcement that might have caused some fans to use their dollars there instead. And last, some fans strictly want Filmation and are awaiting/hoping for a Filmation Battle Cat. I think those three things together might have taken away some of the potential buyers.

Nonetheless I am stoked about getting the He-Man/Battle Cat Combo. I am glad the Combo and/or Battle Cat alone was easy to get and not a 2-minute sellout (so everyone that wanted it had a chance to get it). And I can't wait to see Skeletor and Panthor. Together they are going to make an awesome diorama!!!
MOTU_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #1083
7th and Tef
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
Pretty sure it's 200 individual

300 with the combo.
i got the battlecat the past monday in plan payment deposit 130 but i tried this today and is still available but 145 now i think guys still can purchase it since is a error from the webpage idk
7th and Tef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #1084
XGAMER
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Deposit for Regular 130$ and for Ex 145$.
XGAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 01:46 PM   #1085
7th and Tef

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGAMER View Post
Deposit for Regular 130$ and for Ex 145$.
well the first day i paid 130 for the ex i have it into my paypal account that is really weird mmm

look

Item Title:
BATTLECAT PCS EX 1:4 STATUE
Payment Options: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Item Number: Battlecat ex
Old 07-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #1086
XGAMER
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yes i paid 130 too for Ex then next day PCS sent another mail for 15$. I paid 15$ balance 2 days later too. That means you have to sent another 15$ with paypal. "Note to Culture Shock Toys Inc: This is the additional payment for Battlecat PCS EX"
XGAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #1087
MOTU_Maniac
U talkin' to me?

Less than 50 EX Battle Cat remain (according to today's PCS newsletter) and are expected to sell out within the next 2 weeks.
MOTU_Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #1088
7th and Tef

Quote:
Originally Posted by XGAMER View Post
Yes i paid 130 too for Ex then next day PCS sent another mail for 15$. I paid 15$ balance 2 days later too. That means you have to sent another 15$ with paypal. "Note to Culture Shock Toys Inc: This is the additional payment for Battlecat PCS EX"
Wow do i need it ? Err I will check my email thx
Old 07-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #1089
ereyi
Fantastic Four

Hey guys, I had a question primarily for Jerry. I read that PCS is working on Skeletor/Panthor now and I was wondering if they had any idea as to the potential size/pose on Panthor. I ask for two reasons:
First I hope that you will not re-use the same Battlecat statue and just paint it purple like some other companies do with variations and like the toy line did (although the soft fur "flocking" on the toy Panthor was awesome and may be an interesting idea for a mixed media statue, as long as you can figure out a way to keep the fur from fall off like it did on the toy line).
Second, I have looked around and there are no retail ready enclosed display cases that will fit the He-man Battlecat combo and if Panthor is the same 33" long than we would need to find a case at least 66" long in order to display them head to head, so that pretty much means having to make a custom display case. I know it is probably over a year and a half away before we get the two statues but I would definitely like to start planning. Thanks
ereyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #1090
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I agree with the spirit of you comments, it's definitely not the "very limited" he spoke of earlier but...

Whatever does not sell will not get produced. It is not like Jerry is going to make 100 over what was sold just because it is the stated ES.

Everybody flipped out over Battle-Cat so he upped it. The combo made the money. The rest is likely icing on the cake. Had ridden the hype he had before the Vega PO disaster and he beat Sideshow's announcement I feel sales would have been a good bit higher even if not sold out.
As usual , you are correct.

The combo was what was important to me. Everything else is gravy. Doesnt matter if the others sell out or not.

Theres a weird, non-understanding of economics that seems to happen on collectibles forums where people feel that if something doesnt sell out its a failure. I heard the same thing on Kotal Kahn.

If I set the ES at 300 and it sells out, we make less than if I set it at 800 and we sell 500 of the 800.

Obviously if we only get orders for 500 thats where we stop the production. PCS NEVER makes more than we get orders for.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote