Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-16-2015, 11:33 AM   #1001
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh I'm sure it is. They have outright said it is.

They have mangled the comics and don't promote them. It's all a master plan to tank the movies and get those rights back.

Look at FF. No more comic. They also changed Scarlet Witch and QS origin for the movies/comics.
I fully support Disney doing this. Fox doesn't deserve the X-Men license. Give it back!
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #1002
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Haha I just reread that. But XM would sell out of this so they only stand to make money. I wouldn't shelve it and they don't show interest in that either.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:42 AM   #1003
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
I fully support Disney doing this. Fox doesn't deserve the X-Men license. Give it back!
I don't support Disney mangling the comics and statue industry. Comics are the origin and mutants deserve better than how they have been treated lately

It's reall a sad time to be an XMen fan. Especially when they are your favorite series -- take it from me
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #1004
SDguy

Quote:
Haha I just reread that. But XM would sell out of this so they only stand to make money. I wouldn't shelve it and they don't show interest in that either.
Honestly I wouldn't mind if XM did it... it would look great with my Bowen's
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:34 PM   #1005
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
If the have approval for the Sentinel and Colossus the don't dare wait to see what happens with the rest of the line before they release it. They have put a crap load of time and money into all of the pieces, bt I am sure the Sentinel most of all. If they wait and Disney decides to cancel the whole shooting match then all of that development time and money has been flushed down the crapper. The mutant embargo could take years to sort itself out, and I doubt the guys can sit on this that long. They do need to turn a profit.
That's a damn shame right there ...it could take years. You'd be waiting years to add to the Dio. The develoment time was not all on the Sentinel and Colossus. They've put development time on the other pieces like NightCrawler, Archangel, Rogue and Gambit. No matter what, this license debacle is going to result in wasted development and resources.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #1006
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's a damn shame right there ...it could take years. You'd be waiting years to add to the Dio. The develoment time was not all on the Sentinel and Colossus. They've put development time on the other pieces like NightCrawler, Archangel, Rogue and Gambit. No matter what, this license debacle is going to result in wasted development and resources.
It sure is and I think XM is getting a raw deal with this whole thing, BUT at least they can recoup some of their development cost IF the release the Sentinel and Colossus. If they hold them even for a few months it could all be lost.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:03 PM   #1007
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I was really excited about this diorama. I had already started put money away to try a get all the pieces. I have since wrote this piece off and used said money to further my current collection. If this ever happens it will not be for a long time. !@#$ you Disney, Fox or whomever has forgotten about there fans.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #1008
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Oh I'm sure it is. They have outright said it is.

They have mangled the comics and don't promote them. It's all a master plan to tank the movies and get those rights back.

Look at FF. No more comic. They also changed Scarlet Witch and QS origin for the movies/comics.
This master plan is so misguided it isn't even funny anymore. People flock to theaters after well-polished trailers are dangled in front of them - not because of comic book and statue collectors. And people will keep going to see a movie week after week if it's actually good.

And if the plan relies on people somehow forgetting about the X-Men, that will take DECADES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Marvel sold the rights when they were going bankrupt. They parted with their hottest title in the 90's.

If Disney wants the movie rights back so badly, then buying it back is the way to go. Really, how many billions have they made with Marvel so far? How much more are they going to make with Star Wars? Open up the wallet and get the mutants back. It's on Disney more than Fox.

Quote:
I don't support Disney mangling the comics and statue industry. Comics are the origin and mutants deserve better than how they have been treated lately

It's reall a sad time to be an XMen fan. Especially when they are your favorite series -- take it from me
I feel the pain too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilon View Post
I was really excited about this diorama. I had already started put money away to try a get all the pieces. I have since wrote this piece off and used said money to further my current collection. If this ever happens it will not be for a long time. !@#$ you Disney, Fox or whomever has forgotten about there fans.
I was seriously on board for this diorama. Now I'm grateful to have my Kotos and Bowens. If XM does go ahead with the Sentinel vs Colossus, it won't have nearly the same mystique without the extra cast. I'd rather just buy the Sentinel myself.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #1009
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

If this diorama happens now or in 5 years, I'll stil love it and want to buy it. But it being held up by the squabbles to two mega corporations is quite annoying.
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #1010
rebirthz
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

In my opinion XM should just make the sentinel vs colossus. But! Leave in all the slots necessary for the other characters to fit in so that in a future time when the other guys are approved, we can still complete the diorama. To me having the sent vs colosuss is already an epic piece by itself. However having the whole planned diorama would be a masterpiece. Oh well hope it pans out.
rebirthz is offline   Reply With Quote