Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 01-28-2021, 04:01 PM   #1721
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
No denying it looks awesome but he may be referring more to it's inaccuracies coupled with unlicensed versions from which it was copied being available for nearly the same price and faster with options and maybe the same quality too and at the very least not a mass produced item.

His appraisal may yet also simply be of the entire debacle and broken commitments that has been Chronicle since nearly it's inception.

Lots of ifs and mays...
Would be easier to just ask Clutch than second guess his thought patterns.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #1722
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Yeah I don't know enough of the Raptors or the history of these casts to make any determination just going by the discussions in this thread through the years.

I personally own Chronicle's bought direct from them. I think it is quite nice and it amazed when I opened it. I've seen video of the unlicensed ones. I don't notice a lot of difference but still prefer the official CC one.
I did become interested in Chronicle's on the premise that a set of 4 would be made

Just offering possible explanations for his appraisal. If someone wants to call something I own junk I'll never argue. I've referred to my entire collection as junk and may I never forget that all these things are mass produced cheap Chinese knick-knacks no matter how much I love looking at them. It's all about keeping things in perspective.

You confuse 'argue' with the word critique. These commentators are not arguing, their providing their opinion and reasons for their opinion and some are able to provide factual information which is required to filter out any misleading statements.

And what's your obsession with attacking Chinese produced statues which 99% are made from. Second time I've seen you do this. If you don't rate it, don't buy it, simple.

Seems you like the art but don't like the origin.

'its all about keeping things in perspective' why would you even suggest others to keep things in perspective? Maybe they are already doing so.

Seems like you only agree with people who keeps things in your perspective.
Old 01-28-2021, 04:23 PM   #1723
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Lots of ifs and mays...
Would be easier to just ask Clutch than second guess his thought patterns.
Why? Why when I can easily imagine all my own reasons I would refer to it as the same and am fairly certain we have one or many in common?
I'm sure he will tell if he wants to.

Or maybe like me, he just is not as concerned with his own or other's opinion to enough keep asserting it but it is interesting to see so many concerned with disputing it?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:32 PM   #1724
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
You confuse 'argue' with the word critique. These commentators are not arguing, their providing their opinion and reasons for their opinion and some are able to provide factual information which is required to filter out any misleading statements.

And what's your obsession with attacking Chinese produced statues which 99% are made from. Second time I've seen you do this. If you don't rate it, don't buy it, simple.

Seems you like the art but don't like the origin.

'its all about keeping things in perspective' why would you even suggest others to keep things in perspective? Maybe they are already doing so.

Seems like you only agree with people who keeps things in your perspective.
I've explicitly agreed with both views on this thing.
With all this stuff I can see what is good about it and what is not. If someone thinks the Raptor is junk okay, if they think it's the greatest product in the history of manufacturing okay.

Now I do not agree with Chinese business culture. Many others don't either. Made in China is a standard of excellence, said no one pretty much ever.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 04:55 PM   #1725
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Why? Why when I can easily imagine all my own reasons I would refer to it as the same and am fairly certain we have one or many in common?
I'm sure he will tell if he wants to.

Or maybe like me, he just is not as concerned with his own or other's opinion to enough keep asserting it but it is interesting to see so many concerned with disputing it?
Wow projection at its finest.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:14 PM   #1726
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
I've explicitly agreed with both views on this thing.
With all this stuff I can see what is good about it and what is not. If someone thinks the Raptor is junk okay, if they think it's the greatest product in the history of manufacturing okay.

Now I do not agree with Chinese business culture. Many others don't either. Made in China is a standard of excellence, said no one pretty much ever.
No one said made in China is a standard of excellence, your putting words in collectors mouths now. It's your opinion, if your that confident with it, own it yourself.

You've got a all or nothing fatalistic way of looking at things. It ain't that simple mate, most things in modern society are a shade of grey.
Old 01-28-2021, 08:40 PM   #1727
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
If someone thinks the Raptor is junk okay, if they think it's the greatest product in the history of manufacturing okay.
Both of those people would be wrong...
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 10:26 PM   #1728
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
He may have also been referring to the asking prices.

But again his comment doesn't bother me because I can see the Raptor bust from both perspectives.

Really do wish the bust had that fierce expression.
You actually get it.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:57 AM   #1729
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
You actually get it.
Which part?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 08:55 PM   #1730
Vader