Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2023, 02:08 PM   #101
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

buy!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Interesting.

now THIS version I would buy for sure!!!!!! The big issues for me on this statue were the skin color and the back musculature. I love how the color is turning out including the hair. MUCH better. I would buy this version in a heartbeat. I always thought the color they used for her body was borderline sickly looking. Almost jaundiced. Again, just my opinion.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:09 PM   #102
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I do not know what to make of this Ivy..
Something about the portrait sculpt suggests it might have been sculpted by the same sculptor behind the Sideshow Alice in Wonderland,
and Tinkerbell (Jack Mathews).

I prefer the Sideshow Poison Ivy that was released a number of years ago, who was 100% green.

LOADING: Image(s)

LOADING: Image(s)

Here is my piece
Yep, I sold the original Green with Envy Ivy and got this one as well, I just prefer the more realistic take.

The new one seems to be straddling the line between the two.

I do like the way she is stroking the flower.

I am not at all tempted to switch though.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:21 PM   #103
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah i know, i was saying if this is referred to as another "ivy on throne" piece im out - the throne fad and the way people pour over them and consider them more prestigious or impressive simply because theyre on some form of a chair irks me. it has really stained my appreciation for any statue considered to be "on throne". if people want a collection of lounging super heroes and villains thats fine but its not for me
Wait, this one is not on a throne at all but you won?t buy it if people refer to her lean that way?
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:43 PM   #104
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yep, I sold the original Green with Envy Ivy and got this one as well, I just prefer the more realistic take.

The new one seems to be straddling the line between the two.

I do like the way she is stroking the flower.

I am not at all tempted to switch though.
I have to agree. I have no intention of picking up a new Poison Ivy, and will keep the piece i own.
Congrats to all those that like and pick up the piece pictured on the OP
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:45 PM   #105
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Wait, this one is not on a throne at all but you won?t buy it if people refer to her lean that way?
no i was half joking, i wouldnt let it keep me from ordering but i would find it annoying on a personal level if it was referred to as a throne piece whenever people talk about it. im just finding the concept overused and the term grating lately. at least this (to me) isnt a "throne statue" the plant shes leaning against is tiny and doesnt resemble a throne at all

just a silly psychological bugaboo for me, dont read to much into it im probably the only one this triggered by the concept
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:50 PM   #106
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
no i was half joking, i wouldnt let it keep me from ordering but i would find it annoying on a personal level if it was referred to as a throne piece whenever people talk about it. im just finding the concept overused and the term grating lately. at least this (to me) isnt a "throne statue" the plant shes leaning against is tiny and doesnt resemble a throne at all

just a silly psychological bugaboo for me, dont read to much into it im probably the only one this triggered by the concept
Lol got it, people have had some wild reactions to things lately!

I honestly don?t like the term either, grates a little each time I hear it. Would have preferred standing for the TH Joker and Ivy.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:57 PM   #107
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Lol got it, people have had some wild reactions to things lately!

I honestly don?t like the term either, grates a little each time I hear it. Would have preferred standing for the TH Joker and Ivy.
Agreed on both counts.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:08 PM   #108
schachi08
The Avengers

I am really happy that I have found my favourite Poison Ivy some time ago but I am excited for the reveal of this new one.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:29 PM   #109
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Green skinned Poison Ivy doesn't quite work for me, too sickly and alien-ish looking. Just don't find it enticing even the sculpt is great.

This one, one the other hand, has all the right elements. I like the portrait and the pose. The base is not too large or overly elaborated. It looks quite attractive.

I believe it is a new PF from SSC in terms of style of the piece. It doesn't look like it comes from any other companies.

I passed all Poison Ivy statues in the past due to incompatible colour schemes, scales and styles. This could be the one for me. Can't wait to see more of it.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 05:33 PM   #110
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
ah man, im not going to be able to pick this up if its considered an "on throne" piece - trigger words for me
I certainly won't consider it a throne piece. Just a base it is leaning on. I don't like throne pieces either.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote