Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
Model Giants
Sculptor
Sculptor

Ghost Recon for xbox360!

Has anyone purchased the new Ghost Recon for the xbox 360? If so what did you think about it and is it worth purchasing.

Paul/Model Giants
Model Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
kirthew
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model Giants
Has anyone purchased the new Ghost Recon for the xbox 360? If so what did you think about it and is it worth purchasing.

Paul/Model Giants
Sorry Paul... I did not pick it up... got Burnout Revenge instead... I have heard that Ghost Recon is a great game... alot of the guys I was playing BR with last night said they bought it and liked it alot... but for some reason they are spending more time with BR than with Ghost Recon...
kirthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I'll let you know this weekend. I'm picking it up Friday. My buddy bought it yesterday and said it rock's.

Out
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 01:31 PM   #4
Model Giants
Sculptor
Sculptor

Thx for the info, I'll wait to see what you think before I purchase GR3.

Paul/ Model Giants
Model Giants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #5
draven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Picked up yesterday. HIGHLY recommended!
draven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Also recommend.

Some of the maps are simply jaw dropping in HD
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:32 PM   #7
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Picked up Ghost Recon Friday night and finally popped it in for a few hours. I wasn't sure what to expect. I bought Ghost Recon for regular x-box a few years ago and was underwhelmed. I could never get my squad to do anything and could't even make it through the first mission after several hours play. It went into the dustbin.
My initial impression of Advanced Warfighters graphics was Wow!! It looks great in high-def and is very smooth. You will not be disappointed. The evironments are huge and well done. Little details like the swirl of dust and newspapers when helicopters take off are great.
The controls are 100% better than my first and only other Ghost Recon experience. I easily picked up on how to run myself and my team. Flattening against walls and looking around corners are accomplished easily. Changing weapons on the fly is a breeze. Very quickly I was directing my team, scout drones, and helicopter support gunships all at once easily. And best of all they were doing what I wanted. Oh Joy
Multiplayer looked fantastic it was easy to get into games. None of the ten or so games I played had any lag at all. I can't really give a detailed review because I was really a fish out of water just trying to stay alive for more than 1 minute . The environments are huge and there are several types of gamepley. You have your usual solo and multiplayer games. There is also a team game where you and others play against x-box controlled enemies.
I am not sure yet if this is a must have but I can tell you I can't wait to play BOTH sigle player and multiplayer again. I am happy with this purchase and feel I definately got my $60.00 worth.

This week I'm looking forward to buying The Outfit!!
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #8
Jamesways
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I picked it up too, and it's great. Gameplay, graphics, and controls are all top notch. I've never played a tatical military shooter, so I suck pretty bad. it'll take a bit to get the hang of, but I love it so far. Definitely worth picking up if you love military games. I don't usually play them, but am enjoying the hell out of this, so that right there says a lot.
Jamesways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
Captain Britain
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Great GAME highly recommended very similar to Full Spectrum Warrior.

It has 2 flaw's with it though (for me anyway)

1) When directing your squad you cannot direct them as individuals, all three squad members move in unison.

2) Squad can be set to either ASSAULT or RECON modes, however i would like Surpression fire to be added as well as use cover (similar to Full Spectrum Warrior)
Captain Britain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
VenoM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Is this game good? I'm not a fan so I picked up Burnout instead. After reading some reviews I might have to pick this up also
VenoM is offline   Reply With Quote