Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #1001
stretchbaldy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil the sixth View Post

Anybody feeling the same about Arnies face?
I don't have a 'toyish' feeling when I'm looking at my T-850...(even if I compare with Jack's face)
People here sure are touchy lately.....maybe toyish was the wrong word.......But the quality of Arnies face is just not the same as Jacks. I dont know what it is......it might be the subtle paint shading or maybe its just the fact that jack has facial hair........
The quality of the human characters are getting better and TO ME arnie looks more primitive then the others.

In the end it only matters what you think of your CM anyways.....not what anybody else thinks....I still think that Aragorn looks awesome and most people do not...
Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1002
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchbaldy View Post
People here sure are touchy lately.....maybe toyish was the wrong word.......But the quality of Arnies face is just not the same as Jacks. I dont know what it is......it might be the subtle paint shading or maybe its just the fact that jack has facial hair........
The quality of the human characters are getting better and TO ME arnie looks more primitive then the others.

In the end it only matters what you think of your CM anyways.....not what anybody else thinks....I still think that Aragorn looks awesome and most people do not...
Everythings cool Stretch...
Just exchanging thoughts...
Nothing to do with being touchy...
Was just trying to understand why you used 'toy'.Now I do understand but don't agree.PERSONALLY I think Arnie"s face has the same quality level as Jack's.I'm equally amazed by both faces.

Yep,I do agree on your last reflection,except the Aragorn part...I'm one of the 'most people'...
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #1003
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Those are certainly the best pics yet thanks for posting them JFJ
I think what makes the face look alot better in your pics is the fact you can clearly see the definition of the cheek bones which thins the face alot, and is also one of depps strongest features. It`s also a feature which wasn`t showing in the earlier pics posted, which for me threw the likeness off alot.
thanks a lot El. I wanted to try and show off the face as much as I could. The cheek bones are quite hard to photograph - but really, the piece has to be seen to be fully appreciated.

Without doubt my favourite part is the hair - breathtaking work.

Buying this one finally made my mind up about this hobby. I no longer see any point in collecting new stuff from other companies. If you put Sparrow against the finest that SS has ever offered (IMO) - the Hellboy PF, it knocks it for six.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:47 PM   #1004
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Everythings cool Stretch...
Just exchanging thoughts...
Nothing to do with being touchy...
Was just trying to understand why you used 'toy'.Now I do understand but don't agree.PERSONALLY I think Arnie"s face has the same quality level as Jack's.

Yep,I do agree on your last reflection,except the Aragorn part...I'm one of the 'most people'...
Phil, Stretch..

since I wn both I'll have a go at comparing the two.

The T850, as a CM feels quite "primitive" next to the Jack. Partly I suppose due to the choice of character - the T850 is after all a tall guy in a black leather suit, and partly due to the pose. Compared to the other CM's, the T850 just isn't doing ANYTHING. CM only seem to have got their heads round the idea that there needs to be a feeling of stance, or movement (see the Alien or Indy for good examples of this) to improve the piece. The T850 also suffers from a poorly executed gun hand - which is made of plastic and not wood/metal as it would be now.

When it comes to the face, I always think of the T850 as being a bit of an experiment for CM - to see if they could nail the likeness in the material they were using. The face is not as well shaded as Sparrow's. The hair is very good - nice and thick and stands in all the right places. I alwasy find the statue benefits from having the dark glasses in place to help the likeness along.

I love bot of them. The T850 took a while to grow on me, but now I think he is great. I certainly don't think he looks like a toy.
The advances that CM have made with their human pieces are evident from the upcoming Godfather. I don't think anyone will dispute that is the best likeness yet. As each piece is released the quality will improve - although judging by Sparrow and Godfather - there is little further room for improvement at all.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:36 PM   #1005
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
Phil, Stretch..

since I wn both I'll have a go at comparing the two.

The T850, as a CM feels quite "primitive" next to the Jack. Partly I suppose due to the choice of character - the T850 is after all a tall guy in a black leather suit, and partly due to the pose. Compared to the other CM's, the T850 just isn't doing ANYTHING. CM only seem to have got their heads round the idea that there needs to be a feeling of stance, or movement (see the Alien or Indy for good examples of this) to improve the piece. The T850 also suffers from a poorly executed gun hand - which is made of plastic and not wood/metal as it would be now.

When it comes to the face, I always think of the T850 as being a bit of an experiment for CM - to see if they could nail the likeness in the material they were using. The face is not as well shaded as Sparrow's. The hair is very good - nice and thick and stands in all the right places. I alwasy find the statue benefits from having the dark glasses in place to help the likeness along.
Hey Jet,thanks for your analyse.
Could it be that my T-850(a later piece) looks somehow different than the earlier T-850's CM released?I never put on his glasses because looking at him from each angle, I'm so wowed with Arnie's likeness.
About the pose:I think it is very representative for the T-850.I do agree that some CM's need more movement that represents the character in a better way.But the pose of the T-850 feels very classic to me.I don't think it would have improved the piece by giving him a more dynamic pose.(just my feeling)
Yep,the gunhand could have been way better for that kind of money.At least they should have made the gun from metal & wood!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #1006
Nekita
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet_force_juno View Post
If you put Sparrow against the finest that SS has ever offered (IMO) - the Hellboy PF, it knocks it for six.
That is one weird comparison.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 AM   #1007
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Hey Jet,thanks for your analyse.
Could it be that my T-850(a later piece) looks somehow different than the earlier T-850's CM released?I never put on his glasses because looking at him from each angle, I'm so wowed with Arnie's likeness.
About the pose:I think it is very representative for the T-850.I do agree that some CM's need more movement that represents the character in a better way.But the pose of the T-850 feels very classic to me.I don't think it would have improved the piece by giving him a more dynamic pose.(just my feeling)
Yep,the gunhand could have been way better for that kind of money.At least they should have made the gun from metal & wood!

Yes Phil, you are right the pose of the T850 does represent the character quite well. But in doing so there is little animation, and thus the piece doesn't come to life as well as the others.
From what I can tell from photots I have seen, CM did not make any changes to the face of the later T850's. I have a number in the 240's (I think) and it looks the same (apart from the hairline) to the early models.

If the piece we re-done now I am sure CM would change the pose as well as make the gun out of wood and metal. Personally I think that judging by the work on the Predator and Godfather, they might even have gone as far as re-creating the pose of the T2 poster with Arnie with glasses and gun on to of the motorbike - and included a scale replica motorbike to boot!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:38 AM   #1008
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

1:3 Arnold on motorcycle. lol
That would have been one huge and very expensive piece.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:24 AM   #1009
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trilogy View Post
1:3 Arnold on motorcycle. lol
That would have been one huge and very expensive piece.
Sure would have been. Anyway, the T850 CM is fine as it is. Does the job, and was a great way for them to lanch the brand.

By the way if anyone wants to see pics of the care manual for Jack I am happy to take some snaps.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #1010
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Breathtaking likeness!!!
Closed Thread