Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Bobby C

Old 07-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #51
Bezzerkerr
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
Please try to avoid the GOD look, the movie was an abomination and shouldn't even be titled under Bruce Lee's name.
“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” - Bruce Lee

Bezzerkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #52
Bezzerkerr
Kindly Asked To Leave

Bobby,

I know you prob have hundreds of references but I thought a couple more couldn't hurt!

Enter the Dragon:

I love these shots, specifically his hair and how it has a very slight part. I also love in this first pic the little "hair points" above his right eye. He has his game face on... his eyes and especially the expression lines inbetween his eyebrows

One of the best straight on shot of Bruce after he fights Haan. He could be a bit more intense.

Great shot...just wish it was straight on!

I have an idea of the look you are going for and I hope these pics help!

ALL THE BEST!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #53
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzerkerr View Post
“Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.” - Bruce Lee

While I've watched all Bruce Lee movies for countless times, GOD is the only film that I only watched twice...

My parents showed me the first time when I was a kid and I didn't remember much but when I'm exposed to the movie again during the high school years I was totally shocked by its awfulness...

The story construction is loose and weak, with the help of those fake Bruces and a nonexisting ending it marks the worst of all Bruce Lee films...

I felt disgusted after the movie, to see the title or hear the name is enough to make my stomach stirs.

Seriously, it shouldn't even be forced into a movie, those finished tower footages would be GREAT as a special memorial feature included in a DVD collection, not a movie.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:12 AM   #54
AsOneDead
You got red on you

That movie is pretty bloody awful. The cardboard cut out of Bruce's face stuck over the posers at the beginning is just wrong in so many ways. The scenes with Bruce are epic though.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #55
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
That movie is pretty bloody awful. The cardboard cut out of Bruce's face stuck over the posers at the beginning is just wrong in so many ways. The scenes with Bruce are epic though.
I was rolling on the floor, it was brilliant.

Like I said it's those fake Bruces that ruined it for me...
Old 07-28-2009, 10:04 AM   #56
Bezzerkerr
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
While I've watched all Bruce Lee movies for countless times, GOD is the only film that I only watched twice...

My parents showed me the first time when I was a kid and I didn't remember much but when I'm exposed to the movie again during the high school years I was totally shocked by its awfulness...

The story construction is loose and weak, with the help of those fake Bruces and a nonexisting ending it marks the worst of all Bruce Lee films...

I felt disgusted after the movie, to see the title or hear the name is enough to make my stomach stirs.

Seriously, it shouldn't even be forced into a movie, those finished tower footages would be GREAT as a special memorial feature included in a DVD collection, not a movie.
WOW, you call yourselves Bruce Lee fans

Have some respect

If you felt disgusted after the movie, You obviously took this film too seriously. Take it for what it is, an incomplete film, with the master in one of his iconic roles.

Here's a quote I wanted to share with you, applicable in this situation and in life:

Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick. - Bruce Lee

Old 07-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #57
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Have some respect? Go tell that to those involved in making GOD. They didn't care about what Bruce wanted, they just wanted to finish the movie and capitalise with his name and make as much money as possible. If they respected the guy then they wouldn't even have made that piece of crap and slapped Bruce's name on it. The movie doesn't even follow Bruce's original storyline. I highly doubt he would be pleased with it.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #58
riderV3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Have some respect? Go tell that to those involved in making GOD. They didn't care about what Bruce wanted, they just wanted to finish the movie and capitalise with his name and make as much money as possible. If they respected the guy then they wouldn't even have made that piece of crap and slapped Bruce's name on it. The movie doesn't even follow Bruce's original storyline. I highly doubt he would be pleased with it.
Well said. Other than the tower footages there's NOTHING respectable about that movie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezzerkerr View Post
WOW, you call yourselves Bruce Lee fans

Have some respect

If you felt disgusted after the movie, You obviously took this film too seriously. Take it for what it is, an incomplete film, with the master in one of his iconic roles.

How can you not watch a Bruce Lee movie with all seriousness my firend, it is BRUCE LEE!
I take everything he did serisouly and that is exactly why I felt offended by this horrendous piece of frekenstien...
You also propose that yourself, it is but an incomplete film.
But they forced it out in a very offending way, all they did was cut and paste...

To me, whoever claims to be a BL fan but still insists GOD is a Bruce Lee movie, should be ashamed, because it's not.
It is just a movie done by a horde of stooges using the remaining glory of our great master for some fast cash..
Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 PM   #59
Bezzerkerr
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Well said. Other than the tower footages there's NOTHING respectable about that movie...

How can you not watch a Bruce Lee movie with all seriousness my firend, it is BRUCE LEE!
I take everything he did serisouly and that is exactly why I felt offended by this horrendous piece of frekenstien...
You also propose that yourself, it is but an incomplete film.
But they forced it out in a very offending way, all they did was cut and paste...

To me, whoever claims to be a BL fan but still insists GOD is a Bruce Lee movie, should be ashamed, because it's not.
It is just a movie done by a horde of stooges using the remaining glory of our great master for some fast cash..

I see your points but still very happy this film was produced.

"Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.” - Bruce Lee

Bruce vs Jackie Chan (for those who haven't seen this!)
Old 07-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #60
Sleeping Forest
Hidden Warrior

No more yellow suit.
Bruce only showed up in a few minte in this movie and he dead.
How about the white suit in first fury?
Sleeping Forest is offline   Reply With Quote