Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-28-2017, 02:38 PM   #1141
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Vikings S4 - 7/10

This season really felt like two separate seasons combined. Part of that is due to it being divided in half and released independently, another reason is this is the largest season (episode wise) to date. The biggest contributing factor however is the change in tone from the first to the second half. The first half was not very good IMO. I'd probably rate it just above average at a 5.5/10 and might go as far as saying it was the low point of the entire series. It was slow and I struggled to stay interested. So much so in fact that I considered giving up on the series. Good thing I didn't though because the second half was probably the strongest arc in the series to date. I'd give it an 8.5/10 and applaud it for the extreme risks it took and bold new direction it set. I'm officially looking forward to S5.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #1142
Python
Omega Red

I keep meaning to watch Vikings, if only because Einar Selvik (of Wardruna) Works on he soundtrack.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:26 PM   #1143
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Taboo - 5/5
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:50 AM   #1144
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Vikings S4 - 7/10

This season really felt like two separate seasons combined. Part of that is due to it being divided in half and released independently, another reason is this is the largest season (episode wise) to date. The biggest contributing factor however is the change in tone from the first to the second half. The first half was not very good IMO. I'd probably rate it just above average at a 5.5/10 and might go as far as saying it was the low point of the entire series. It was slow and I struggled to stay interested. So much so in fact that I considered giving up on the series. Good thing I didn't though because the second half was probably the strongest arc in the series to date. I'd give it an 8.5/10 and applaud it for the extreme risks it took and bold new direction it set. I'm officially looking forward to S5.
I agree, another great season. But the 7 month wait between episode 10 and 11 was ridiculous.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:02 PM   #1145
Babytoxie
Ghost

Taboo, S1 - 5/10

There was so much to love, and so much to hate. I'm always up for watching a Tom Hardy feature, the general premise was interesting, the cast was impressive, and I enjoyed the way the story was built up over the episodes. On the other hand, the writers did a real disservice to the female characters, and Delaney's plans were far too complex to have played out so perfectly. I have a hard time believing that this one man would be able to constantly stay one step ahead of both the East India Company and the Crown, much less actually pit them against each other.

A special razz goes to the awful makeup and fat suit worn by Mark Gatiss for his portrayal of George IV. They should have just dressed him up as Baron Harkonnen straight out of David Lynch's Dune.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:07 PM   #1146
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Fleabag - Season 1

A six-part comedy series adapted from the award-winning play about a young woman trying to cope with life in London whilst coming to terms with a recent tragedy.

The main character is incredibly crass and self-centered--like a character from HBO's Girls on steroids if you can imagine that. However, the very serious finale goes a long way in redeeming her and the entire season. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #1147
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Taboo, S1 - 5/10

There was so much to love, and so much to hate. I'm always up for watching a Tom Hardy feature, the general premise was interesting, the cast was impressive, and I enjoyed the way the story was built up over the episodes. On the other hand, the writers did a real disservice to the female characters, and Delaney's plans were far too complex to have played out so perfectly. I have a hard time believing that this one man would be able to constantly stay one step ahead of both the East India Company and the Crown, much less actually pit them against each other.

A special razz goes to the awful makeup and fat suit worn by Mark Gatiss for his portrayal of George IV. They should have just dressed him up as Baron Harkonnen straight out of David Lynch's Dune.
I liked it well enough up until the finale. I'm going to watch it again paying closer attention to details before rating it because the way Delaney's plan all came together in the end didn't make much sense to me at all. Laying off the drink the second time around should help too.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #1148
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Taboo S1 - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this series. Totally unique, cerebral entertainment. Production value is very high and Tom Hardy's performance brilliant. Very interested to see how the narrative unfolds in S2 now that it's been confirmed the series has been picked up.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 04:21 PM   #1149
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I have Taboo sitting on my DVR...I'll have to get to that.

Legion- 9/10
Just started Leftovers...6-7/10 right now...heard season 2 is really good, though.
Legends of Tomorrow- 7/10
Jeff and Some Aliens- 8-9/10
Baskets- 7/10...Louie Anderson, crazy

Who else is watching Planet Earth 2? 10/10
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 06:40 PM   #1150
Vracula
Jedi Order

It's always Sunny in Philidelphia 10/10

Went through the entire 12 seasons back to back. It's amazing how they have kept it this funny for this long. Usually by season 4 the charachters mature and become cringey normal people. But Sunny just continues with it's sociopathic stupidity throughout The 12 seasons.Amazing.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote