Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-27-2018, 03:00 PM   #481
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Rules what exactly? Just because the crowd says something is "wrong" isn't gonna define how I spend my money.....unless the crowd is buying statues for me, they're opinions don't mean squat.
That is not at all what I'm saying. I could care less if people don't like what I like. For example I Love the game Beyond two souls and I even like Snakes on a plane but they get SO much hate!

I will not conform to others thoughts. What I'm talking about is the majority dictating if something is wrong with something.

That's where majority rules. If you make something and 9 out of 10 people claim something's wrong then they might be on to something. Creators can be objective on their own work as well.

Whether an artist wants to take that feedback from fans or stick to their vision is entirely on them.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #482
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Guesses on the EX? We thinking alternate portrait? Additional piece to display next to the base? Switch out arm?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #483
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Here is where it matters. If 9 out of 10 of your perspective buyers refuse to buy something because they think you made it wrong, they are right. This is a business for Sideshow, not a hobby.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #484
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Guesses on the EX? We thinking alternate portrait? Additional piece to display next to the base? Switch out arm?
I think it will be switchout body
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #485
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
I think it will be switchout body
LOL, you so wrong
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #486
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Here is where it matters. If 9 out of 10 of your perspective buyers refuse to buy something because they think you made it wrong, they are right. This is a business for Sideshow, not a hobby.
A whole lot of people complained about Lion-O but the exclusive is gone. Many complained about the Poison Ivy designer Artgerm statue and it's gone......People will buy it because for every one that doesn't like it there is one that does.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #487
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I'm all for changes that make sense, but if Batman was portrayed wearing a sombrero, or Wonder Woman started chomping on cigars like J. Jonah Jameson, I'd wonder if the art direction had gone a bit astray.

It's not close-minded to expect core aspects of a character to be represented accurately. Ivy's powers don't require a muscle-bound physique. In the comics and movies, she's not terribly active. Her plants do most of the work. The image of Ivy pumping iron just doesn't ring true.
Nothing about this statue is even close to as ridiculous as those 2 examples you came up with. Comic heroes and villains are typically drawn pretty fit regardless of whether or not they go to the gym.

I'm not even sure where the whole body builder thing is coming from. It's not like her arms are massive. Everything is well in proportion and it's just basically her back muscles are being pushed together due to her pose. The artist probably just exaggerated it to sell the pose and/or show off his/her skills.

On another note, the sjw/sideshow toning down sex appeal comments are as foolish as they come. Not sure if you guys have noticed, but Ivy is wearing about as little as I've ever seen her wear. She's basically naked, with a few leaves covering her.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:30 PM   #488
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Need better photos of this ivy, still think it looks pretty good, i'll be buying. Love the base.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #489
COI

Guys, we're skating the line on politics here, so tone it down.

Also, tone down the stupid. Art and beauty are subjective. Talk about why you like or dislike the statue without insulting or insinuating things about other people. Not that hard.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #490
French Cancan
Deadman

Not sure it's relevant in this thread. But it depends, are they manly, green, with a cute little butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Need better photos of this ivy, still think it looks pretty good, i'll be buying. Love the base.
+1
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote