Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-02-2018, 03:50 AM   #601
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Generally Sideshow is still better than those brand you have mentioned.

No
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #602
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:20 AM   #603
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
I would agree with you on Iron Studios but not XM or Prime 1.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:38 AM   #604
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
This is a hard pill to swallow for some of the haters. Sideshow has been on top of the game for years. Obviously everything they do isn't a home run, but they didn't get where they are by putting out crap.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:59 AM   #605
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
This is a hard pill to swallow for some of the haters. Sideshow has been on top of the game for years. Obviously everything they do isn't a home run, but they didn't get where they are by putting out crap.
Taking into account price, the Sideshow pieces i own are excellent. The Joker (heath ledger), Captain Marvel, Machiko Noguchi (she predator) Catwoman (michelle pfeiffer) all look great. Emma Frost is the exception, as this piece is in the hit'n'miss category, but still a keeper

I think where XM Studio's win, sometimes, not always, is with their bases. With epic bases, comes mega price tags. I own the XM Studio's Ms Marvel, and she is super smooth, super heavy. When i compare the piece to Sideshow's excellent Captain Marvel, other than a couple of plastic sections, the piece stands up well
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #606
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Sideshow still holds the title of best portraits in the game. And a lot of the best sculptors.

HOWEVER, they lack on original poses, weak sauce change-outs on at least 90% of their pieces, sketchy paint QC, even sketchier physical pieces QC, inconsistent customer assistance for broken/damaged statues, and subpar packaging. Look at all of those jacked up Thanos orders. It's insane that people have to deal with that with that ticket price.

So nobody is saying they "put out crap", we are just saying that SS is not the best option in the game anymore. I do still love the SS piece I have, but over the past few years i have returned several because the QC wasn't good.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #607
Mister H
Gen 13

I think if SS's QC was way better and they did male characters as well as they did female characters then, they would be higher up on the list. I've just seen and heard about too many problems, and not all of them major ones either. Little ones here and there, just enough to drive some folks a little crazy.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:17 AM   #608
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Sideshow still holds the title of best portraits in the game. And a lot of the best sculptors.

HOWEVER, they lack on original poses, weak sauce change-outs on at least 90% of their pieces, sketchy paint QC, even sketchier physical pieces QC, inconsistent customer assistance for broken/damaged statues, and subpar packaging. Look at all of those jacked up Thanos orders. It's insane that people have to deal with that with that ticket price.

So nobody is saying they "put out crap", we are just saying that SS is not the best option in the game anymore. I do still love the SS piece I have, but over the past few years i have returned several because the QC wasn't good.
They've pretty much lost me and my money when they decided to go all in on sideshowified pieces. I can deal with everything else you mentioned because I can either get replacements or a refund if a piece suffers from QC issues. However, I can't get a proper classic Perez Deathstroke PF from any another company. Not when sideshow has the classic 1/4 DC and Marvel game in the North American Market on lockdown.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #609
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
They've pretty much lost me and my money when they decided to go all in on sideshowified pieces. I can deal with everything else you mentioned because I can either get replacements or a refund if a piece suffers from QC issues. However, I can't get a proper classic Perez Deathstroke PF from any another company. Not when sideshow has the classic 1/4 DC and Marvel game in the North American Market on lockdown.
That's what bothers me the most. I'd like to see the other companies with 1/4 Marvel and DC world wide licenses for some real competition. When multiple companies have to compete with each other, every one of them has to bring their A game to the table and that benefits us the consumers in my opinion. I'd like to see the companies work for my hard-earned money.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:56 AM   #610
adee
Green Arrow

Somewhere in the middle for me. I do think the other companies have raised their game and it would be great if they had a license in US but I still think SS is stronger in certain areas from a pure artistic perspective. Lately it's the direction that is turning me off not the quality of the work.

The QC stuff is hard to say as the other companies don't release nearly as much product as SS and I've never had an issue getting a piece replaced. I do think SS should take some notes on packaging.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote