Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 08-12-2020, 06:04 PM   #201
Thegreywizard
The Spirit

Yes, sorry. Finally was able to swing it through Spec Fiction on their payment plan. I've wanted this one since it came out!

I also have the Bowen kingpin and really love that statue too, but it's nice having a large scale Kingpin!
Thegreywizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:37 PM   #202
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreywizard View Post
Yes, sorry. Finally was able to swing it through Spec Fiction on their payment plan. I've wanted this one since it came out!

I also have the Bowen kingpin and really love that statue too, but it's nice having a large scale Kingpin!
Nice. I think it looks pretty nice.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 08:44 PM   #203
Mister H
Gen 13

Ok so we had a great IS Punisher, now a great IS Daredevil. Has anyone heard who is next? Moon Knight would make sense I think.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #204
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Ok so we had a great IS Punisher, now a great IS Daredevil. Has anyone heard who is next? Moon Knight would make sense I think.
If they do Moon Knight and it isn't like the mess that XM did I'll probably snatch that up too.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 02:44 PM   #205
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
If they do Moon Knight and it isn't like the mess that XM did I'll probably snatch that up too.
What mess are you referring to? I thought that piece was well received.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #206
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyrocket786 View Post
What mess are you referring to? I thought that piece was well received.
Pose was meh, the proportions were off and the textures were all over the place and didn't accent the sculpt well.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:57 PM   #207
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Pose was meh, the proportions were off and the textures were all over the place and didn't accent the sculpt well.
I just got this piece in myself and i was very much on your side of the fence before seeing it in hand...i do think it's rather excellent and pictures and video really doesn't do it justice.

I do still agree about the pose, it's the weaker part of the statue overall, 90% of viewing angles it just looks awkward, but i have it above head height (top of a 3 cube high besta) and it looks excellent perched up there, it really works...

Paints on pictures look like this awful clash of silver whites and greys...in hand i think they did a brilliant job of combining the colours, the overall white/grey is excellent and the silver parts picked out look great.

There's a lot that could change about it overall but i wouldn't go so far as to calling it a mess, it's a fine statue and yeah it's the only 1/4 Moon Knight out there, room for improvement? Most definitely but it' still a solid 8/10 piece imo.

More Moon Knight is only a good thing though and i would love to see IS and Sideshow have a crack at him...

Truth be told i'd like to see both do Ghost Rider first...
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:21 PM   #208
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:24 PM   #209
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I just got this piece in myself and i was very much on your side of the fence before seeing it in hand...i do think it's rather excellent and pictures and video really doesn't do it justice.

I do still agree about the pose, it's the weaker part of the statue overall, 90% of viewing angles it just looks awkward, but i have it above head height (top of a 3 cube high besta) and it looks excellent perched up there, it really works...

Paints on pictures look like this awful clash of silver whites and greys...in hand i think they did a brilliant job of combining the colours, the overall white/grey is excellent and the silver parts picked out look great.

There's a lot that could change about it overall but i wouldn't go so far as to calling it a mess, it's a fine statue and yeah it's the only 1/4 Moon Knight out there, room for improvement? Most definitely but it' still a solid 8/10 piece imo.

More Moon Knight is only a good thing though and i would love to see IS and Sideshow have a crack at him...

I'm not going to bag on anyone for liking it, but to me that piece is a compositional nightmare. The old Bowen is honestly the best Moon Knight in any scale still and that's saying something considering the level of sculpting around today.

As for Ghost Rider, the XM is the standard and the Bar is set fairly high. If SS or IS do Ghost Rider I'll be expecting a lot.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:38 PM   #210
Mister H
Gen 13

I certainly wouldn’t complain about a 1/4 Ghost Rider. Since XM did the ultra stylized version of him, I hope an IS Rider would be more museum/semi-action. He’d look great with their Punisher and Daredevil. I just want Marvel’s (most blatant) copy of Batman made first.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote