Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Do you have art that you don't share?

Just curious if anyone has art that they don't share publicly. Pieces that you've shown to friends but don't post publicly for whatever reason.

I know some collectors feel that if they share pieces publicly it reduces the value.

I have a couple pieces that I purchased this year that I don't plan on sharing publicly. I kind of like the idea of only a handful of people knowing I own them. I may end up sharing them down the road but for now I'm keeping them to myself.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

I dont mind sharing... They are mine! and nobody can have them!

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:56 PM   #3
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

Cool

my wife and my kids !
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #4
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Yup, but its usually stuff I'm planning on selling.
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khazano View Post
Yup, but its usually stuff I'm planning on selling.
That makes sense.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #6
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah when I made my list this morning of my 2008 there were a few things I left off and never posted. One is a commission that is AWFUL, I mean just dreadful. Another is a cover that was kind of a "lonely impulse of delight." Not something I think anyone would care about, not a showstopper, but I had to have it. Just a little something for me. I left some pages off for similar reasons.

I had held of on one purchase I made last year for maybe a month and a hlf before I let it out of the bag online...sometimes you can't hold back.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #7
risingstar
Jedi Order

I admit, there's stuff I don't feel the need to share, flaunt, or pimp out for approval.

At one time, I had more stuff posted at comic art fans. I started to get lots of e-mails (almost always from Europe) with offers to buy. When I politely declined requests, the e-mails sometimes became nasty. I don't need that just because I have artwork that's not for sale.

risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
LoD
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

i do. compared to some of the purchases you, marvelboi, galactus and others have i'm embarrassed to even show them

that plus what sinatra said, they're not anything special anyone else would want
LoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I admit, there's stuff I don't feel the need to share, flaunt, or pimp out for approval.

At one time, I had more stuff posted at comic art fans. I started to get lots of e-mails (almost always from Europe) with offers to buy. When I politely declined requests, the e-mails sometimes became nasty. I don't need that just because I have artwork that's not for sale.

Really? I've had numerous requests and never had an issue when I told them the art wasn't for sale. You must bring out the worst in people.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
IG-64
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
Yeah when I made my list this morning of my 2008 there were a few things I left off and never posted. One is a commission that is AWFUL, I mean just dreadful. Another is a cover that was kind of a "lonely impulse of delight." Not something I think anyone would care about, not a showstopper, but I had to have it. Just a little something for me. I left some pages off for similar reasons.

I had held of on one purchase I made last year for maybe a month and a hlf before I let it out of the bag online...sometimes you can't hold back.
I have a con sketch/commission I don't display for the exact same reason. It's the only one I don't have on my CAF. It's the only reason I wouldn't display anything on my CAF.
IG-64 is offline   Reply With Quote