Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #1
Royd
Producer
Producer

Colin Wilson Art For Sale (2000AD, Battler Britton, Point Blank etc.)

For those who are familiar with the work of New Zealand-born comic artist and illustrator, Colin Wilson, I would like to announce that I’m assisting Colin with the sale of his original comic art including artwork from 2000AD, Losers (DC/Vertigo), Battler Britton (Wildstorm), Point Blank (Wildstorm), Star Wars (Dark Horse) and other projects. Colin has also worked extensively for European publishers including a number of “Young Blueberry” albums (character co-created by Jean “Moebius” Giraud) for the French market.

If interested in viewing the work which Colin is currently offering for sale, please visit the following website –
http://www.comicartshop.com/ComicArt...t.asp?GCat=111 There you will find a starting selection of pages from such titles as 2000AD (Judge Dredd), Battler Britton, Point Blank, and the comic tie-in for the computer game Bionic Commando.

Pricing is as marked for each page with the cost of air mail postage to (for example) the USA working out to $35.00 (insurance will cost extra). Air mail usually takes between 7-10 working days between Australia and the USA. Postage costs to other parts of the world will likely be a similar cost to that quoted for the USA. Payment by Paypal is preferred and can be made to roydster@yahoo.com which can also be used to contact me regarding orders.

Artwork will be securely packaged using sturdy materials (mdf board or foam core board) and plastic bags.

If you are after a specific page from any of the above-mentioned series which is not currently listed/displayed for sale, please contact me and I will check its availability and confirm with Colin. Please note that Colin has available a large number of pages from his Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper stories for 2000AD (including complete stories). If you know the “Prog” number and page number of the story, I can see if it is available. These pages will most likely be in Colin’s possession and will take a little time to process so your patience is appreciated.

I hope to eventually offer a number of pages from Colin’s Star Wars books and will make an announcement regarding those pages once they become available. Colin is also considering parting with his Blueberry and other work from European publishers so let me know if you have any interest in such work.

Commissions

Please note that Colin is not accepting commission requests at this time although he will be sketching at Australian con appearances such as Supanova (Melbourne) in March 2009. Should Colin have time available to take on a limited number of commission requests, I will make an announcement (including pricing details) here.

Colin Wilson - Background

For those not familiar with Colin’s work in the comics and graphic novel field (and even if you’re somewhat familiar, you may still learn something new), you may be interested to learn about the numerous books which Colin’s delightful illustrations have graced!

Colin doesn’t have a high profile in Australia or even the USA but his work is very well known in the UK and Europe where he worked extensively for various European publishers. Colin’s early work started in 1980 when he moved to London and created stories for 2000AD including stories featuring Judge Dredd and Rogue Trooper.

Colin subsequently moved to Paris a few years later where he was chosen by Jean (Moebius) Giraud to work on the Western adventures of “Blueberry” leaving the book in the 1990s. Colin continued to work for various European publishers before moving to Australia in 1996 where he created further work for 2000AD.

Since moving back to Australia, Colin has worked on a number of UK and European books (“Headshots”, “Tex Willer”, “Rain Dogs”, “Tor Cyan”). More recently, he has created work for the US market on such titles as “Point Blank” (Wildstorm, Ed Brubaker writing), “Losers” (DC/Vertigo) and “Battler Britton” (Wildstorm, Garth Ennis writing). “Headshots” was recently optioned as a movie by Warner Bros. and the producers of Smallville (Millar/Gough) are producing the movie property.

Colin is currently illustrating Star Wars titles (“Legacy” and “Rebellion”) for Dark Horse as well as occasional forays into the gaming market with a comic tie-in for the Bionic Commando game. If you’d like to keep track on Colin’s current work and occasional blog, please visit the websites below:

Colin’s website – http://web.mac.com/wilco440/

Colin’s blog - http://wilco4400.blogspot.com/

Best,

Royd
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 AM   #2
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

gr8 to see you giving Colin a hand selling some fine pieces
i met Colin at supernova last year and got a few commissions and sketches of him and am waiting for another for a friend
he is talented and kind and speaks French too
i used to love Bueberry when i was young and loved talking to Colin about a variety of subject
Under appreciated in the mainstream US market - it is great to see Plomb Dans La Tete is being picked up by the big movie studios and maybe a vertigo appearance under DC
Gr8 guys both Royd and of course Colin - if ya get a chance to be at a con with him there go for a chat and a great Sketch (he has been known to draw a few superheroes LOL don't teel Colin i saif so LOL)
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:24 AM   #3
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Alex,

Thanks for the kind words mate and yes, Colin is definitely worthy of greater recognition - I couldn't agree more! Great to hear that you caught up with him at Supanova this year and acquired some sweet commissions/sketches

Heheh, yeah, Colin doesn't often enjoy drawing traditional super-hero pics - he tends to enjoy the grittier, crime, western style story although he does a mean science-fiction tale as well! Fingers crossed that "Headshots" makes it to the big screen

As I mentioned earlier, I hope to make it to Supanova Melbourne in March next year and it would be great to catch up in person! Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred flintstone View Post
gr8 to see you giving Colin a hand selling some fine pieces
i met Colin at supernova last year and got a few commissions and sketches of him and am waiting for another for a friend
he is talented and kind and speaks French too
i used to love Bueberry when i was young and loved talking to Colin about a variety of subject
Under appreciated in the mainstream US market - it is great to see Plomb Dans La Tete is being picked up by the big movie studios and maybe a vertigo appearance under DC
Gr8 guys both Royd and of course Colin - if ya get a chance to be at a con with him there go for a chat and a great Sketch (he has been known to draw a few superheroes LOL don't teel Colin i saif so LOL)
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #4
BeerNutta
I am da law!

Did you manage to get in contact with Colin Alex?
BeerNutta is offline   Reply With Quote