Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 04-01-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

Missing paint app/chip on my Man of Steel Rocafort

Hey guys,

I posted this in another section, but this seems more of an appropriate place to put this:

I received my Man of Steel, New52 Kenneth Rocafort Superman statue last week and noticed a missing paint app/chip on the side of one finger.

I don't want to send this back since this was a gift and I believe it's easily fixable by finding the necessary tools to simply brush-stroke over the spot and be on with it.

Though, I'm about of a rookie to this as possible. Judging by the work in here (which I'm amazed) this is nothing but childs play for you guys.

Another collector suggested Tamiya: Flat Flesh.

The skin-tone on these statues are somewhat light in color and he said this would work best.

Here is the picture of the defect:

Any good suggestions, guys?

Thanks!
TraEL
Tra-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

ya that Tamiya flesh might be close, but if the paint app has a sheen/glossy look you may want regular flesh then the flat.

but before you paint anything will want to sand down the chip area so the paint is flush with the resin then you touch up.

if you touch up now it will look like a creator in his finger.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
ya that Tamiya flesh might be close, but if the paint app has a sheen/glossy look you may want regular flesh then the flat.

but before you paint anything will want to sand down the chip area so the paint is flush with the resin then you touch up.

if you touch up now it will look like a creator in his finger.
Thanks for the quick reply Vince-Vell

This statue has a metallic/gloss fixture to only the Superman Kryptonian-suit, but the skin tone seems to not have any gloss to it and is a straight flesh tone.

Great advice in sanding the sculpt. I didn't think of that. It's itsy-bitsy..very tiny so it looks like I have to be very careful to not chip the surrounding paint off as well.

Do you think a place like Michael's has the Tamiya paint?

If they have both, I'll go ahead and purchase the flat and regular if they have them. Well worth it.

I'll do a test on a figure, let it dry and then compare I guess. A little project ahead of me! Though it's TINY, it's bothering the absolutely living s**t out of me haha.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #4
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

you need to hit a hobby store to get the paint or online. Major chain stores don't carry it. They do carry other paints, but every paint brand is different.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #5
Tra-EL
Fantastic Four

Awesome. Thanks man, I highly appreciate that. I'll post some pics whenever I feel mission accomplished. Great Yotube channel as well. Subscribed. Rock on