Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 08-28-2014, 07:19 PM   #751
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Added GOTG, curious to see how Bendis handle the events in the Cancerverse, how Quill, Drax & Thanos were able to return, and mainly what the hell happened to Nova(Rich Rider)......and also because the sweet art of McGuiness.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #752
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Current pull list (20 Titles):
* = new addition

DC
*Batgirl
Batman
Green Arrow
Justice League
*Lobo
Superman

Marvel
All-New X-Factor
Daredevil
*Hulk
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man
Punisher
Spider-Man 2099
*Thor

*Birthright
*Copperhead
Jupiter's Legacy
Manifest Destiny
Southern Bastards
*Wytches

IDW
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Image has creeped its way up to the same number of titles I'm getting from DC/Marvel lately. Really loving quite a few of their books lately (many of their #1's weren't sticking with me prior).
Superman/Wonder Woman has been off my pull list since this "Doomed" storyline but it'll see a return in November when Tomasi takes over the title.
Green Arrow is on the edge of being cut since Lemire is off the title. Possibly giving it 1 more issue but the new creative team's offering was pretty damn weak.
Jupiter's Legacy is the joke title on the list. Who knows if it'll ever even see another issue published...
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 01:20 PM   #753
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Dropped over the last few months:

Amazing X-Men
Batgirl
Justice League Dark
Moon Knight
Savage Hulk (I was only interested in the classic X-Men arc.)
X-Men

Added:

Cyclops
Guardians 3000
Lola XOXO
Sensation Comics
Thor
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #754
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I thought Edge of Spider Verse was interesting. For those that don't know, it connects to the epic Superior Spiderman Series (by the way, get that entire story...its available in graphic novel format..a must read)..However, now that Parker is back in control of his body, the spiderman comic is back stupid again (in my humble opinion) and titled Spectacular Spiderman (blaaa).

However, "Edge of spider verse" (2 books #32 & #33) is the prelude to the start of a continuation of the alternative dimensional Superior Spiderman story simply called, "Spider verse"...Looks very promising and gives you more of what you liked about Superior Spiderman. After reading the prelude #32 & #33, Im going to wait for the entire spider verse run to make it to graphic novel so I can get it all at one time. Hate waiting to know what happens next in the short trades. enjoy
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #755
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Cancelled and not getting relaunches of:
Thor
Captain America
Mighty Avengers

Cancelled for now:
Wolverine
Savage Wolverine

Dropped:
Savage Hulk

Next to drop Wolverine And The X-Men and not getting it's replacement
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #756
PureInvasion

Dropped Green Arrow after Lemire left the title (issue #34). They gave the book to the team responsible for the 'Arrow' TV show and they just aren't cut out for comics. The writing is poor and they don't really have a grasp on any character aside from Ollie (poor portrayals of both Lex and Bruce during their cameo). They essentially erased all that Lemire did on his run and are trying to turn this into Arrow 2.0. Art was a huge letdown as well (although most artists are when they follow Sorrentino).

Didio said the team is on a 6-8 issue test run. Hopefully if sales drop, they'll see Arrow 2.0 isn't a great idea and bring back another strong creative team.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #757
sleepindeath
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
Dropped Green Arrow after Lemire left the title (issue #34). They gave the book to the team responsible for the 'Arrow' TV show and they just aren't cut out for comics. The writing is poor and they don't really have a grasp on any character aside from Ollie (poor portrayals of both Lex and Bruce during their cameo). They essentially erased all that Lemire did on his run and are trying to turn this into Arrow 2.0. Art was a huge letdown as well (although most artists are when they follow Sorrentino).

Didio said the team is on a 6-8 issue test run. Hopefully if sales drop, they'll see Arrow 2.0 isn't a great idea and bring back another strong creative team.
That is very disappointing to hear. I am normally 2-3 Months behind on my reading and have yet to get to the new creative team on Green Arrow.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 09:35 AM   #758
sleepindeath
Nightwing

I highly recommend Valiants "The Death Defying Doctor Mirage" if you like Supernatural stuff.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #759
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepindeath View Post
That is very disappointing to hear. I am normally 2-3 Months behind on my reading and have yet to get to the new creative team on Green Arrow.
Lemire had a good thing going only to move off the book. Its almost like this is the Green Arrow from the launch of the new 52 (which was incredibly poor IMO). I'd love to see another strong writer come in and elevate GA as he's often pushed aside in favour of the bigger characters in the DCU.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:57 PM   #760
Shocker
Frackin!

Dropped

Amazing X-Men
X-Men

Dropping next

Captain America
Batman
Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote