Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-06-2018, 07:21 AM   #111
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Disappointed to see no early bird price also, I hope they get the rewards system in place soon at least.
Yeah I was sort of hoping they might bring it back for this piece
But no preorder discount = no sale unfortunately, especially given chronicles track record on the final quality of their Dino pieces
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #112
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Where on Earth do they pluck their prices from?! The IS rex is similar in size and around half the price. Not to mention the fact that CC have yet to prove themselves when it comes to recreating an accurate rex paint job. They are so greedy!
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 08:29 AM   #113
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Where on Earth do they pluck their prices from?! The IS rex is similar in size and around half the price. Not to mention the fact that CC have yet to prove themselves when it comes to recreating an accurate rex paint job. They are so greedy!
Indeed,non-US collectors like ourselves will be paying approx. $1550-$1600 for this rotunda while I've paid $800 for the 1/10th IS rex which is indeed similar in size.
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:05 AM   #114
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Seeing the pictures I'll be damned if this is not a 3D scan of the maquette. Or they did a perfect match if it's sculpted.

I don't know if CC wants to confirm this is a 3D scan of the maquette but if it's so, that would make this the most accurate JP1 T-Rex ever put on the market (apart from the maquette itself).

But that price. They pushed the accelerator with the price. On top of that here in Europe we have to pay custom taxes, high shipping, more taxes...

On the other hand at 60 cm high this will be a huge beast. I mean, huge. For reference put a Hot Toys figure one on top of the other and it's that high.

Well, total accuracy, huge piece. What else can I do lol.

Chronicle let's make an agreement. If you commit to that paintjob you have a preorder here.
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:21 AM   #115
Steve evans
The Spirit

I'm also disappointed with the price on this. Their baby blue is bigger but cheaper??
As mentioned above, for those of us living outside the US, this will be a very expensive product to purchase. I do like it but not enough to spend that kind of money.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #116
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

for those wondering, Alex Alva did the paint job on this. Great job.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 02:56 PM   #117
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Rotunda Rex at 2 minutes 20 sec...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4agbsshNvQs
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #118
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

From this angle it looks much better.

Let me ask you guys this: Is it not the Rex that is incorrectly proportioned, but the way she is placed on the base that is incorrect? I feel like if it was adjusted slightly it may improve the appearance.

I would love to see how this statue would look if they just turned her on the base a little bit. VickPS, would you be able to do that with your GIF and animation skills?

Watching that video and seeing it from a new angle actually has me wanting it now.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:56 PM   #119
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
Wow, really? Price is a little higher than I expected(which is why I miss the early bird discount), but it is about the same price as the IS piece with the diorama base. The rotunda is also one scale larger. Sure the base isn't as complicated as the IS one, but comparing it to their lesser quality "half price" bargain one is not fair at all.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:59 PM   #120
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

I really really want this one, but that price + shipping it to New Zealand... I don't think it's gonna happen.
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote