Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 03-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321
Conclusion ... why anyone wasting is thier time and hard earned money on this crap line is beyond me.
Well, first of all, aren't you mostly a Marvel fan? Also, if the line was, let's say $25, would you still think it's crap? My only problem with this line is the incredibly high price for it. How come I can get a nice larger bust from DST for around the same price??!! Since B_C is a fan of the Astonishing X-Men bust line, I have NO idea why he would give this bust 3 out of 5 stars??!! My only reasoning would be that he likes to burn cash. So B_C, how about sending some of that spare cash over here??
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:22 PM   #12
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

Saw that one and WW the other day. They sure is teeny. If these had been done BD scale, they'd be movin' pretty quick, because the sculpts aren't bad. I have no idea what the world goes through DCD's mind. Inchin' closer to that Jim Lee style commission project.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
Well, first of all, aren't you mostly a Marvel fan? Also, if the line was, let's say $25, would you still think it's crap? My only problem with this line is the incredibly high price for it. How come I can get a nice larger bust from DST for around the same price??!! Since B_C is a fan of the Astonishing X-Men bust line, I have NO idea why he would give this bust 3 out of 5 stars??!! My only reasoning would be that he likes to burn cash. So B_C, how about sending some of that spare cash over here??
1st off ,I get these at a good discount thanks to a buddy on the forum.

Second, I like the line. this one has problems, yes, but I still like it, and therefore couldn't give it 2 outta 5. I give busts/statues I wouldn't consider owning 2 or lowers stars (see superman deluxe statue review).
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 06:59 PM   #14
MiamiLoco

ok, that's great, YOU Get them at a discount, but how come u are giving 3 out of 5 stars to a statue that's priced the same as wayy larger busts??!!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #15
JM28Cardiff
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Is a review score based on price, or the sculpt itself? We all know DC charge over the odds (compared to others) and do things a bit smaller than others (eg medium instead of full statues) but you have to consider the statues or busts in and of themselves.
JM28Cardiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
ok, that's great, YOU Get them at a discount, but how come u are giving 3 out of 5 stars to a statue that's priced the same as wayy larger busts??!!
I also thought the green lantern vs sienstro was a bit over-priced, but that didn't stop me from giving it four outta five.

The review is based on the whole package loco. I was happy with the product and gave it a good score.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #17
MiamiLoco

exactly, the whole package? that includes the price as well.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 PM   #18
valemeister
Cranky Octopus

Hey, it's BC's review, he can give it whatever score he wants. No need to get stroppy.

I like this bust a lot and will be picking it up next week. I think once all 6 are out, they will be a stunning set.
valemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #19
d rod
Xtreme Sports Master
Administrator

yo miami, back it up brotha or i'm gonna slap you at the next WB premier movie. reviews are opinions. take it as it is.
d rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 12:47 AM   #20
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Unfortunately, this whole bust line doesn't work for me. My lcs has both this one and the WW piece. They're simply too small, with a lack of detail that's to be expected for this size, for the price that's being asked.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote