Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 AM   #1221
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

This is getting goofy. I just want to know what I am supposed to get before I order a product. Until I know for sure my finger is on hover mode, above the PO button. I don't mind any base typically as long as the paint app is good and not a huge afterthought.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:24 AM   #1222
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Come on Demona, people give SS ---- all the time, for things that are ridiculous and asinine. And if you give XM ---- you get attacked by a bear. As for Prime1 I honestly couldn't care.

People have agreed that the base should have been set flat and that it should have been the final product, BUT the addition of Rocks to the bottom of the base to make it raised like the product photo, which will be hardly noticeable once placed on a shelf is a small small thing that people are going to blow out of proportion for the next year.
See but that's opinion Josh. I'm not saying you're wrong but what if they changed something else that did bother you? All is fine as long as they don't charge for NRD when they do switch those pics.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #1223
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
See but that's opinion Josh. I'm not saying you're wrong but what if they changed something else that did bother you? All is fine as long as they don't charge for NRD when they do switch those pics.
IF they were to change, let's say the facial sculpt to something else that I didn't like after taking the NRD (which by the way is a far cry from adding rocks below a Sentinel hand to raise the base) then I'd expect them to refund the NRD when I cancelled since the product has changed drastically from what was original promised.

That's pretty simple. And I'm willing to say, they'll probably do that for people who are that upset over the base.

What people do not realize is that this stuff happens all the time and it's not always the fault of the statue producer, even though they will take the blame.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #1224
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
The XM Electro is a top three statue for me from 2017. It's a perfect example of a nicely detailed base giving the figure context.

Since Christian posted the lightened image of the Wolverine PF on Facebook, I'm surprised to see so many being critical of him for bringing something like this to light(pardon the pun).

Things like this need to be brought forward. The "CSI Miami" comments are a bit of a head scratcher for me.

Relating this to the XM Electro, when the production photos came out showing his mask flattened to the side of his head, many of us very vocal about this and ultimately XM went back to the factory and reproduced new masks for the statue.

We know Sideshow isn't as responsive to fan feedback(Magneto being an exception ), so getting this kind of information to them as early as possible is the best way to ensure that we the fans are getting the product we want.
XM Electro is a great statue and for me of all the Spidey villain statues out there, it is the one to get.

SS did a stupid thing and post this for pre-order without the final product being shown. Why they did this, I don't really know. Maybe they were listening to collectors who wanted the pre-order asap. Whatever reasons, it was stupid.

I know a way for SS to keep the base as is and still keep the front raised without adding anything to the bottom. Where the base actually rest on the ground (the back portion) have a heavy weight inside there. 5 to 10 pounds. That would make the weight conscious collectors happy too.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #1225
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
IF they were to change, let's say the facial sculpt to something else that I didn't like after taking the NRD (which by the way is a far cry from adding rocks below a Sentinel hand to raise the base) then I'd expect them to refund the NRD when I cancelled since the product has changed drastically from what was original promised.

That's pretty simple. And I'm willing to say, they'll probably do that for people who are that upset over the base.

What people do not realize is that this stuff happens all the time and it's not always the fault of the statue producer, even though they will take the blame.
Agreed, and if that's the case then no harm no foul.

They put that disclaimer on for a reason but I don't think it's right to change something and then not issue a refund if people are unhappy with the change.

For me this is much more about procedure than it is about the actual product. It's just another strike against POing imo.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 12:36 PM   #1226
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:

If it's not the producers fault (SS), then who is to blame for lackluster desicions and acceptance?
Old 12-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #1227
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
If it's not the producers fault (SS), then who is to blame for lackluster desicions and acceptance?
You do realize that every single one of these has to go through approvals and can be subject to license holder changes and demands?

Everything you see is approved by Disney/Marvel at some point and sometimes changes are made at the behest of Disney/Marvel.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #1228
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
You do realize that every single one of these has to go through approvals and can be subject to license holder changes and demands?

Everything you see is approved by Disney/Marvel at some point and sometimes changes are made at the behest of Disney/Marvel.
I understand that. But the changes verbally made by Disvel are in fact SS responsibility to make, and do so in a quality/professional manner. SS is a multi million dollar business- acting like they are children in grade school and accepting certain business acts helps no one. It's hurts them and the consumer. We should all have high standards for these collectibles as we are collecting high end collectibles.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #1229
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
I understand that. But the changes verbally made by Disvel are in fact SS responsibility to make, and do so in a quality/professional manner. SS is a multi million dollar business- acting like they are children in grade school and accepting certain business acts helps no one. It's hurts them and the consumer. We should all have high standards for these collectibles as we are collecting high end collectibles.
I think saying they are acting like Children is a little much. They misrepresented a small change that may or may not have been asked for or thought about after the initial PO was set. They did what they thought was correct showing the Figure placement as it would be without the benefit of having the completed base to work with. In doing so they have ignited controversy, admittedly, a bad Idea.

High End collectible or low end toy, the change should have been communicated in a better fashion.

This is pretty easily avoided though. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Call them up say the change is not to your liking and wasn't properly communicated, "I want my money back"

If they don't give it to you then you have a gripe.
Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #1230
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I think saying they are acting like Children is a little much. They misrepresented a small change that may or may not have been asked for or thought about after the initial PO was set. They did what they thought was correct showing the Figure placement as it would be without the benefit of having the completed base to work with. In doing so they have ignited controversy, admittedly, a bad Idea.

High End collectible or low end toy, the change should have been communicated in a better fashion.

This is pretty easily avoided though. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Call them up say the change is not to your liking and wasn't properly communicated, "I want my money back"

If they don't give it to you then you have a gripe.
I think the entire thing is exacerbated by the issues with the Wolf Predator LSB and just QC in general. I feel like, at least, the NRD is an issue of contention. Will they refund the NRD for a small change such as this? People want to know what they are going to get, especially with this amount of money.
I understand they want to show what the statue will look like, and that’s fine, as long as they are up front about what they are doing. I think more people would be understanding if they had simply shown the wedge, and had a blurb that stated this is what it will look like when the base is modified.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote